Mathias Møller Nielsen
Mathias Møller Nielsen (born March 19, 1994 in Gentofte) is a Danish amateur road and track cyclist. He helped his Danish squad claim a gold medal in the men's junior team pursuit at the 2012 European Track Cycling Championships in Anadia, Portugal, and later represented his nation Denmark at the Summer Olympics in London. At the peak of his early sporting career, Nielsen currently rides for the Blue Water Cycling Team and Team Trefor-Blue Water.
|Full name||Mathias Møller Nielsen|
|Born||19 March 1994|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||79 kg (174 lb)|
|2013||Blue Water Cycling|
|2014||Team TreFor–Blue Water|
Nielsen qualified for the Danish squad in the men's team pursuit at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London based on the nation's selection process from the UCI Track World Rankings. He and his teammates Michael Mørkøv, Rasmus Quaade, and Casper von Folsach surpassed the Spaniards by a short distance gap for a fifth-place finish in their final match at 4:02.671.
- National Junior Track Championships, Ballerup
- 2nd Team pursuit
- 3rd Madison
- 9th National Junior Time Trial Championships
- European Under-23 Track Championships (Team pursuit), Anadia (POR)
- UCI World Cup (Team pursuit), Glasgow (GBR)
- 2nd National Junior Track Championships (Team pursuit), Ballerup
- 1st Overall, Tour of Berlin U23, Berlin (GER)
- 1st Stage 1, Tour of Slovakia, Košice (SVK)
- "Mathias Møller Nielsen". London 2012. Archived from the original on 20 May 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Mathias Møller Nielsen". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Meyer, Kenneth (3 July 2012). "Danske juniorer vandt EM Guld" [Danish juniors won the European Championship Gold] (in Danish). Feltet. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Her er de 113 danske olympiske atleter" [Here are the 113 Danish Olympic athletes] (in Danish). Politiken. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Men's Team Pursuit Final". London 2012. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Glendenning, Barry (3 August 2012). "Victoria Pendleton and GB pursuit team win gold: Olympic cycling – as it happened". theguardian.com. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Denmark Olympic Team Profile (in Danish)
- NBC Olympics Profile
- Mathias Møller Nielsen at Cycling Archives