The mat release is a short, feature story designed to appear like a newspaper article but which, in reality, contains persuasive communication in promotion of a product or idea. Mat releases are distributed gratis to smaller publications, such as community newspapers. Newspapers which run mat releases often do so to augment "soft content" sections of their publications, or to fill "news holes" due to staff shortages.
- Broom, Glen (2012). Cutlip and Center's Effective Public Relations. Pearson PLC. pp. 187–188. ISBN 0132669153.
- Carden, Ann (2010). Public Relations Writing Worktext: A Practical Guide for the Profession. Routledge. p. 210. ISBN 1135231575.
- Schiavo, Renata (2011). Health Communication: From Theory to Practice. Wiley & Sons. p. 139. ISBN 1118040961.
- Goldberg, Barbara. "How to Stay in Control of Your PR Message". allbusiness.com. allbusiness.com. Retrieved January 17, 2018.
- Business Communication. PHI Learning. 2009. p. 135. ISBN 8120337298.
|This advertising-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|