Mason Appleton (born January 15, 1996) is an American professional ice hockey forward who currently plays for the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League (AHL) as a prospect of the Winnipeg Jets of the National Hockey League (NHL).
January 15, 1996|
Green Bay, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||193 lb (88 kg; 13 st 11 lb)|
|NHL team (P)|
Manitoba Moose (AHL)
168th overall, 2015|
Appleton was born and raised in Green Bay, Wisconsin, where he attended Ashwaubenon High School and Notre Dame Academy. He played one season of junior hockey with the Tri-City Storm of the United States Hockey League before joining the Michigan State Spartans in 2015.
Appleton was drafted in the sixth round, 168th overall by the Winnipeg Jets in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. After two seasons with the Spartans, he left college to sign a three-year entry level contract with the Jets and joined their AHL affiliate, the Manitoba Moose, for the 2017–18 season. Appleton excelled in his first professional season, winning the Dudley "Red" Garrett Memorial Award as AHL Rookie of the Year and was named to the AHL's First All-Star and All-Rookie teams.
Appleton made his NHL debut on December 1, 2018 against the New Jersey Devils. He recorded an assist on Andrew Copp's goal in the third period. On December 20, Appleton scored his first NHL goal against Martin Jones in a 5–3 win over the San Jose Sharks.
|2015–16||Michigan State Spartans||B1G||37||5||17||22||32||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016–17||Michigan State Spartans||B1G||35||12||19||31||37||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honorsEdit
|First All-Star Team||2017–18|||
|Rookie of the Year||2017–18|||
- "Mason Appleton bio". Michigan State Athletics. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- "Notre Dame's Mason Appleton commits to Michigan State". Green Bay Press Gazette. July 18, 2014. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- "Appleton turning pro with Jets". Winnipeg Sun. July 13, 2017. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- "Appleton voted AHL's top rookie for 2017-18". theahl.com. April 12, 2018. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- Bell, Jason (December 1, 2018). "Appleton makes NHL debut count with first NHL point". Winnipeg Free Press. Retrieved December 21, 2018.
- "Ehlers records hat trick to lead Jets past Sharks". cbc.ca. December 21, 2018. Retrieved December 21, 2018.