Mask (Roger Glover album)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mask is a solo album by the Deep Purple bass guitarist Roger Glover. It was released on June 18, 1984, in Europe by 21 Records/Polydor. It was promoted with two music videos. It has been reissued on CD twice in the UK, in 1993 (Connoisseur Collection, b/w "Elements") and in 2005 (Cherry Red/Lemon). Neither has bonus material.
|Studio album by|
|Released||June 18, 1984|
|Recorded||BearTracks Studios, Suffern, New York,|
Boogie Hotel Studios, Port Jefferson, New York,
Le Studio, Morin-Heights, Quebec,
|Genre||Pop-rock, new wave|
|Label||21 Records, Polydor|
|Roger Glover chronology|
|The Encyclopedia of Popular Music|||
|MusicHound Rock: The Essential Album Guide|||
All songs written by Roger Glover, except where noted.
- One Side
- "Divided World" - 5:12
- "Getting Stranger" - 4:07
- "The Mask" (Roger Glover, Jean Roussel) - 7:32
- "Fake It" - 4:42
- Another Side
- "Dancin' Again" (Roger Glover, Dave Gellis) - 3:30
- "(You're) So Remote" - 4:46
- "Hip Level" (Roger Glover, Chuck Burgi, Dave Gellis) - 7:19
- "Don't Look Down" - 3:41
- Audio cassette bonus track
- "Unnatural" - originally as track no. 8 on side B
- Roger Glover: bass guitar/lead vocals/various other instruments
- Dave Gellis: guitar
- Joe Jammer: guitar
- David Rosenthal: keyboards
- Jean Roussel: keyboards
- Chuck Burgi: drums
- Mark Conese: drums, Simmons drums
- Charlie DeChant: saxophone
- Nick Blagona: percussion/dub
- Craig Brooks: backing vocals
- Kate McGarrigle: backing vocals
- Denise Brooks: backing vocals
- Kim Romano: backing vocals
- Engineered by Nick Blagona
- Additional engineering by Jeffrey Kawalek and Mike Barry
- Mixed by Roger Glover and Nick Blagona
- Mastered at Sterling Sound by Greg Calbi
- "The Mask" / "The Mask" (edit)
- "The Mask" (12" Remix) / "Fake It"
- "The Mask" / "You're So Remote"
- "Divided World" / "Dancin' Again"
- Larkin, Colin (2006). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music. Volume 3: MUZE. p. 780.CS1 maint: location (link)
- Collins, Paul. "Roger Glover Mask review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-11-06. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- MusicHound Rock: The Essential Album Guide. Visible Ink Press. 1999. p. 323.
- Thompson, Dave (September 1, 2004). Smoke on the Water: The Deep Purple Story. ECW Press. ISBN 9781550226188 – via Google Books.