Mary, Countess of Blois
Mary, Countess of Blois, also known as Marie of Avesnes, (1200–1241) was countess of Blois from 1230 to 1241.
|suo jure Countess of Blois|
|Died||1241 (aged 40–41)|
|Father||Walter II of Avesnes|
|Mother||Margaret of Blois|
- John I (died 1280), Count of Blois
- Guy II (died 1289), Count of Saint Pol
- Gaucher (died 1261), lord of Crécy and Crèvecœur
- Hugh (died 1255)
- Basile (died 1280), became Abbess of Notre Dame du Val in 1248.
- (FR)Henri Platelle, Présence de l'au-delà: une vision médiévale du monde, (Presses Universitaires du Septentrion, 2004), 284.
- Theodore Evergates, The Aristocracy in the County of Champagne, 1100-1300, (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2007), 223.
- Theodore Evergates, The Aristocracy in the County of Champagne, 1100-1300, 254.
Mary, Countess of BloisBorn: 1200 Died: 1241
| Countess of Blois
with Hugh I