June 22, 1945|
El Centro, California, United States
She was artistic director of the National Arts Centre English Theatre in Ottawa from 1997 to 2006. While in this position, and arising from her activities in that role, the National Arts Centre co-founded the Magnetic North Theatre Festival.
In 2006 Maraden was appointed to succeed Richard Monette as an artistic director of the Stratford Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford, Ontario. Unlike previous artistic directors at Stratford, Maraden was a member of a three-person artistic team, which included co-directors Des McAnuff and Don Shipley until creative differences forced the three to end their working relationship.
Directed the play Rexy at Neptune Theatre 2015.
- Canadian Theatre Encyclopedia
- National Arts Centre - Centre national des Arts Archived 2007-08-18 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Magnetic North Theatre Festival". Canadian Theatre Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- Jennings, Sarah (2009). Art and Politics: The History of the National Arts Centre. Toronto: Dundurn Press. pp. 327–330. ISBN 978-1-55002-886-7.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-10-04. Retrieved 2008-09-02.