|Alma mater||University of Łódź (PhD)|
|Thesis||Pragmalinguistic Analysis of Conversational Humour in English (2006)|
|Sub-discipline||pragmatics, discourse analysis|
|Institutions||University of Łódź, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University|
She received her MA (2004) and PhD (2006) from Łódź University. Her MA thesis was on the pragmatics of compliments and her doctoral dissertation was devoted to the pragmatics of conversational humour. Dynel is associate professor in the Department of Pragmatics in the Institute of English at the University of Łódź and teaches courses in practical English, pragmatics and humour.
- Irony, Deception and Humour: Seeking the Truth about Overt and Covert Untruthfulness. Mouton Series in Pragmatics. Mouton de Gruyter. 2018
- Humorous Garden-Paths: A Pragmatic-Cognitive Study. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. 2009
- Hilton, Nanette Rasband (2021). "Review of Irony, Deception and Humour: Seeking the Truth about Overt and Covert Untruthfulness; Irony in Language Use and Communication, Angeliki Athanasiadou, Herbert L. Colston". Pacific Coast Philology. 55 (2): 246–250. doi:10.5325/pacicoasphil.55.2.0246. ISSN 0078-7469.
- Hilton, Nanette Rasband (2020). "Irony, Deception and Humour: Seeking the Truth about Overt and Covert Untruthfulness by Marta Dynel, and: Irony in Language Use and Communication ed. by Angeliki Athanasiadou and Herbert L. Colston (review)". Pacific Coast Philology. 55 (2): 246–250. ISSN 2326-067X.
- Dynel, Marta (2009). "Beyond a Joke: Types of Conversational Humour". Language and Linguistics Compass. 3 (5): 1284–1299. doi:10.1111/j.1749-818X.2009.00152.x. ISSN 1749-818X.