Mark II is a rideable and user-operated robot built by the American company MegaBots Inc. The robot made its debut in May 2015 at Maker Faire San Mateo. An updated version of the robot, Mk.III, was scheduled in August 2017 to engage in a head-to-head fight with Kuratas, a robot built by Suidobashi Heavy Industry of Japan. MegaBots announced plans in August 2015 to upgrade Mark II with melee capabilities in order to confront Kuratas, using funds from a Kickstarter campaign.
- Team USA launches Kickstarter to fund its giant robot duel with Japan
- Massive 'Battle Bot' Gears Up for Robot Duel
- Giant 'Battle Bot' Could Get Makeover Ahead of Epic Duel
- USA vs. Japan Part II: Giant robots set to duel
- A Team of Americans Is Building a Giant Robot to Challenge Japan In Hand to Hand Combat
- MegaBots Kickstarter Campaign