Mark Cotta Vaz
Mark Cotta Vaz (born September 16, 1954, in San Francisco, California) is an American author, editor and film historian. He has authored over thirty books, including four New York Times bestsellers. He has focused on documenting film special effects and other behind-the-scenes aspects of visual presentation. He has written about these aspects for both Star Wars and Star Trek. He has produced a number of movie companion books, such as those for The Spirit, Beautiful Creatures and four for the Twilight series. Publishers Weekly said about his biography of Merian C. Cooper: The charismatic Cooper, "a man living his own movie," is no longer an obscure, remote figure, thanks to Vaz's exhaustive research and skillful writing.
- (1995) From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: The Best of the LucasFilm Archives co-authored with Shinji Hata
- (1996) Industrial Light & Magic: Into the Digital Realm co-authored with Patricia Rose Duignan
- (2002) The Invisible Art: The Legends of Movie Matte Painting co-authored with Craig Barron
- (2002) The Art of Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- (2005) Living Dangerously: The Adventures of Merian C. Cooper, Creator of King Kong a Los Angeles Times bestseller
- (2006) Mythic Vision: The Making of Eragon
- (2008) The Spirit: The Movie Visual Companion
- (2009) Star Trek – The Art of the Film
- (2009) New Moon: The illustrated companion to the movie based on the second book in Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight vampire romance series. A New York Times bestseller.
- (2010) The Inheritance Almanac: An A-to-Z Guide to the World of Eragon co-authored with Michael Macauley
- (2012) Batmobile: The Complete History
- (2013) Beautiful Creatures: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
- (2014) Godzilla: The Art of Destruction
- (2014) Interstellar: Beyond Time and Space
- "Mark Cotta Vaz". Running Press. Archived from the original on September 24, 2014.
- "Living Dangerously". Publishers Weekly. August 2, 2005.
- Loney, Glenn (1995). "Review: From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: The Best of the LucasFilm Archives". TCI. Entertainment Technology Communications Corporation. 29 (3): 58.
- Cotta Vaz, Mark. Living Dangerously: The Adventures of Merian C. Cooper, Creator of King Kong. Villard. ISBN 9781400062768.
- "Adult Books – Nonfiction – Arts: Living Dangerously". Booklist. American Library Association. 2005.
- "Bestsellers". The Los Angeles Times. September 5, 2005.
- Cotta Vaz, Mark (2009). The Twilight Saga: New Moon The Official Illustrated Movie Companion. New York: Little, Brown and Co. ISBN 978-0-316-07580-0.
- "The New York Times Book Review: Paperbacks". The New York Times. December 13, 2009.
- Minkel, Walter (2011). "Review: Macauley, Michael. The Inheritance Almanac: An A-to-Z Guide to the World of Eragon". School Library Journal. 57 (4): 179.
- Cotta Vaz, Mark (2012). Batmobile: The Complete History. Insight Editions. ISBN 9781608871049.
- Rogers, Mike. "First Look at New Books:". Xpress Reviews. Library Journal. Archived from the original on July 23, 2012.
- Mark Cotta Vaz on IMDb
- Dayoub, Tony (November 18, 2009). "Interview: Author Mark Cotta Vaz on Star Trek – The Art of the Film". Cinema Viewfinder.
- Finding aid author: John N. Gillespie (2013). "Mark Cotta Vaz papers". Prepared for the L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Provo, UT. Retrieved May 16, 2016.