Margaret Bell-Byars (born July 29, 1962) is an American gospel musician, who is a traditional black gospel and Christian R&B recording artist. She started her music career, in 1980, when enrolled at Oral Roberts University, signing in their choir. Her only studio album, Over and Over, was released in 1991, with Warner Alliance Music. This album was her breakthrough release upon the Billboard magazine charts.
|Birth name||Margaret Bell|
|Born||July 29, 1962|
|Genres||Gospel, Christian R&B, CCM, traditional black gospel|
|Associated acts||Vanessa Bell Armstrong, BeBe Winans, CeCe Winans|
Bell-Byars was born on July 29, 1962, in Detroit, Michigan, to Jesse Garfield and Mildred Bell, where her father was the pastor of Mount Everett Church of God in Christ, while she was raised with two older sisters, Charlene and Vanessa. She graduated with her baccalaureate degree in broadcasting from Oral Roberts University.
Her music recording career was brief, where she only released, one studio album, Over and Over, with Warner Alliance Music, in 1991. This album was her breakthrough release upon the Billboard magazine Gospel Albums chart, where it peaked at No. 23.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Over and Over||23|
- Carpenter, Bil (2005). "Uncloudy Days: The Gospel Music Encyclopedia": 43.
- Carter, Kevin L. (November 2, 1991). "Grueling Gospel: The Pop Tour Margaret Bell Welcomes A Break Before Her Concert Here Tomorrow". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- "U.S. Public Records Index". Family Search. 2009. 618232144. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- McDonald, Steven. "Over and Over - Margaret Bell". AllMusic. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- Berry, Chris (February 1, 1992). "Review: Over and Over - Margaret Bell". Cross Rhythms. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- Billboard. "Margaret Bell : Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved February 3, 2016.