This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Margarita Ortigas (generally known as Marga Ortigas) is a writer and media communications consultant who previously worked as a correspondent for Al Jazeera English.
|Occupation||Writer, Media Communications Consultant|
Marga Ortigas is a writer, journalist, and media professional who blogs and does consulting work. She has over 25 years experience in broadcasting in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
Al Jazeera EnglishEdit
Ortigas was the Senior Asia correspondent for Al Jazeera English, travelling the region extensively for 11 years. She covered all aspects including the growth of China, tensions on the Korean peninsula, cross-border and internal conflicts among ASEAN states, and the many natural disasters around Asia. She also reported extensively on both the aftermath of Super Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines in 2013, and the Great East Japan quake in 2011.
Ortigas is one of the original correspondents of Al Jazeera English, having joined the channel at its inception in 2005.
Ortigas was educated at Ateneo de Manila University where she studied journalism and communications, and at the University of Greenwich (UK) where she gained a Masters in Literature as a British Council Chevening scholar. In addition to English, she speaks Spanish and Tagalog.
- A babe in Baghdad Archived 2009-11-29 at the Wayback Machine
- CNN.com - Transcripts
- At Least Three Killed in Manila Bus Blast
- A Pinay in Al Jazeera Archived 2008-12-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Special ASEAN Foreign Ministers Meeting: Transcript of Press Conference, 19 May 2008 Archived 29 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Ortigas, Marga. "Marga Ortigas - Writer, Media Communications Consultant". Marga Ortigas.
-  Archived 2011-12-22 at the Wayback Machine