Marcopolo S.A. (B3: POMO3, POMO4) is a Brazilian bus and coach manufacturer founded on 6 August 1949 in the southern Brazilian city of Caxias do Sul, state of Rio Grande do Sul. The company manufactures the bodies for a whole range of coaches, e.g. microbus, intercity and touring coach. Marcopolo produces over half of the bus bodies made in Brazil and exports its coaches to more than 60 countries.
|Traded as||B3: POMO3, POMO4|
|Headquarters||Caxias do Sul, Brazil|
|the Americas, Western Europe, South Africa, India, Australia, New Zealand|
|Paulo Bellini, (Chairman) |
Jose Rubens De La Rosa, (CEO)
|Products||Intercity, Urban, Micro and Mini Buses|
|Revenue||US$ 1.0 billion (2018)|
|US$ 49.1 million (2018)|
Number of employees
New Flyer Industries (19.99%)
Tata Marcopolo (49%)
Currently Marcopolo has four plants in Brazil and plants in Argentina, Australia, Colombia, India, Mexico, and South Africa, in addition to the technology that will be transferred to China. In 2008, it announced a joint-venture with Tata Motors to enter the Indian market. Marcopolo closed its plant in Portugal in September 2009 because of the economic recession. The fleet of buses which were shipped to Barbados to add the Barbados Transport Board's bus fleet were the 40 Mercedes-Benz (OH1621) Marcopolo Torino GV buses in November, 1996, along with 4 of the 40 Mercedes-Benz (OF1621) Marcopolo Torino GV learner buses also in November, 1996; the 50 Mercedes-Benz (OH1420) Marcopolo Torino buses in November, 1999; the 25 Mercedes-Benz (OH1420) Marcopolo Torino buses in November 2003; the 5 Mercedes-Benz Allison Transmissioned Marcopolo Senior Marksell midi buses in November, 2004; and the 65 Mercedes-Benz Allison Transmissioned Marcopolo Torino buses in November, 2006.
In 1953, Marcopolo starts the production of the first steel structures.
- Ciferal - was focused on urban operations, defunct brand.
- Volare - dedicated to the development, production and commercialization of the V5, V6, V8, W8, and W9 models of the School bus, Municipal, Tourism/Freight, Easy Access and Mobile Unit sectors.
- Tata Marcopolo Bus (Joint venture with Tata Motors in India)
- SUPERPOLO S.A.
- MVC - which started its activities operating in the automotive industry and gradually broadened its operations, introducing its plastic products to the light industry and infra-structure markets, etc.
- Moneo - the financial service unit of Marcopolo.
- Volgren - is an Australian bodywork company owned by Marcopolo.
Products - Marcopolo divisionEdit
- Ideale 770
- Andare Class
- Viaggio series
- Paradiso series
- Viale series
- Ideale 600
- Temple (only available in Colombia from SUPERPOLO S.A).
- Listo (only available in Colombia from SUPERPOLO S.A).
Iguazu Falls National Park Bus by Marcopolo
- Marcopolo S.A. website (English)
- Buses Volare en Chile Representante Comercial Marcopolo S.A. website (Español)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marcopolo vehicles.|