Marc and Eva Stern Math and Science School
Alliance Marc and Eva Stern Math and Science School, also known as The Stern Math and Science School or Stern MASS, is a charter high school in the University Hills neighborhood in the City of Los Angeles. It is a collaboration between the Alliance for College-Ready Public Schools and California State University, Los Angeles (Cal State L.A). The charter was granted by the Los Angeles Unified School District in 2006.
|Alliance Marc and Eva Stern Math and Science School|
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, California
|School district||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Number of students||584|
|Color(s)||Blue & Gray|
|Affiliation||California State University, Los Angeles|
Stern MASS is one of many schools managed by the Alliance for College-Ready Public Schools. The school broke ground on September 10, 2007 on the California State University, Los Angeles (Cal State L.A.) Campus, moving into the building on November 3, 2008. The school is named for Marc Stern, the Chairman of the TCW Group, and his wife, Eva.
Stern MASS began in 2006 in small bungalows on Whittier Bl and Atlantic Bl, then in 2007 it moved to Cal State LA Lot 7. It was there until 2008 when the school moved to their permanent facility on November 3, 2008 located next to Parking Lot 2 on the campus of Cal State LA.
Stern MASS serves around 584 students in grades nine through twelve, with a student-teacher ratio of 19:1. Full-time teachers 31.
|Hispanic and Latino American||94%|
|Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander||0%|
|White European Americans||2%|
US News 2019 rankingsEdit
Academic Performance Index (API)Edit
API for High Schools in the East Los Angeles region.
|School||2007 ||2008 ||2009 ||2010 ||2011 ||2012||2013 |
|Francisco Bravo Medical Magnet High School||807||818||815||820||832||842||847|
|Marc and Eva Stern Math and Science School||718||792||788||788||809||785||775|
|Oscar De La Hoya Animo Charter High School||662||726||709||710||744||744||738|
|James A. Garfield High School||553||597||593||632||705||710||714|
|Abraham Lincoln High School||594||609||588||616||643||761||738|
|Woodrow Wilson High School||582||585||600||615||636|
|Theodore Roosevelt High School||557||551||576||608||793||788|
|Thomas Jefferson High School||457||516||514||546||546|
|Santee Education Complex||502||521||552||565||612||636|
- "SupportMusic Mertit Award | The NAMM Foundation". 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-03-22. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- "usnews". Retrieved 2019-07-27.
- 2006-07 Accountability Progress Reporting (APR) Retrieved on September 25, 2009
- 2007-08 Accountability Progress Reporting (APR) Retrieved on September 25, 2009
- 2008-09 Accountability Progress Reporting (APR) Retrieved on September 8, 2012
- 2009-10 Accountability Progress Reporting (APR) Retrieved on September 8, 2012
- 2010-11 Accountability Progress Reporting (APR) Retrieved on September 8, 2012
- 2012-13 Accountability Progress Reporting (APR)[permanent dead link] Retrieved on February 27, 2017