Marc Hostert (born 18 July 1965) is an official of the Government of Luxembourg who is working at the European Court of Auditors. Active in television and radio media in Luxembourg, he is one of the judges of the RTL Télé Lëtzebuerg television show Success Story. He also appears on the RTL Télé Lëtzebuerg show Kapital and the RTL Radio show Carte Blanche.
|Born||18 July 1965|
|Occupation||Luxembourg Government Official, TV presenter|
|Known for||RTL Luxembourg TV shows Success Story and Kapital, RTL radio show Carte Blanche|
|Height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
On 23 June 2008, Hostert became Chevalier in the Order of Merit of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Having entered the Luxembourg civil service in 1993, Hostert was appointed Conseiller de Gouvernement 1st class on 10 October 2004 when he was also named Commissioner for administrative simplification for enterprises at the Ministry of Small and Medium sized enterprises. He has since held several public positions in Luxembourg including:
- Director of enterprise policy department at the Ministry of the Economy and Foreign Trade
- Executive Chairman of the National Committee for Administrative Simplification for Enterprises
- Chairman of the Board of l'Institut National pour le Développement de la Formation Professionnelle Continue (INFPC)
European Court of AuditorsEdit
Since 2008, Hostert has worked at the European Court of Auditors, most recently as Head of the Private Office  of Henri Grethen, the Member of the Court for Luxembourg. Better Regulation, Impact Assessment and Trans-European rail networks have been amongst his topics of interest.
Other professional activitiesEdit
Hostert's other professional activities include the development of the www.eco.lu portal, through which he held the following positions:
- President of the Board of the Association Nationale des Etudiants en Sciences Economiques (ANESEC)
- Founding President of the Board of the Amicale et Mutuelle des Universitaires en Sciences Economiques (AMUSE)
- President of the Board of Fondation des Universitaires en Sciences économiques de Droit Luxembourgeois (FUSE)
Since 2000, Hostert has appeared on approximately 100 episodes of the RTL the TV broadcast Kapital on which he has interviewed politicians and national and international business people and economists. He is a regular contributor to the RTL Radio show Carte Blanche in which he offers his personal views on current topics. Since 2010, Marc has been one of the judges of the RTL television show Success Story in which potential entrepreneurs seek support for their business ideas.
Early life, educationEdit
Born in Luxembourg in 1965, Hostert attended the European School Luxembourg (ESL). He completed a Masters in Business Administration at the European Business School in Frankfurt, London and Paris and a degree in political and administrative sciences from Montpellier 1 University. He also studied under the supervision of Professor Susan Strange at the European University Institute in Florence. In 2013 he obtained a doctorate in general management at the conservatoire national des arts et métiers ( CNAM Paris) under the supervision of Professor Jean-Paul Lemaire ESCP Paris and Yvon Pesqueux CNAM Paris. The title of his PHD thesis was: Strategy for the internationalisation of a small open mature economy (SOME) : the case of Luxembourg : key elements, challenges and levers.
Publications include l’Entrepreuneuriat dans la Grande-Région, La politique de développement et de diversification économiques — Impact sur la création d’emplois nouveaux – Essai d’un Bilan 1975-1995 and Luxembourg – Tolerant but conservative.
- http://tele.rtl.lu/magazin/success_story/ Archived 2011-04-26 at the Wayback Machine.
- http://tele.rtl.lu/magazin/kapital/ Archived 2011-04-24 at the Wayback Machine.
- http://news.rtl.lu/finanzen/carteblancheeco/ Archived 2011-07-21 at the Wayback Machine.
- Grand-Duche de Luxembourg Annuaire Officiel 2000 - Vol.1 - Gouvernement — Economie
- Rapport 2004 concernant le suivi de la mise en oeuvre de la Chartre des Petites Enterprises du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg
- Le Médiateur au service des citoyens du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Rapport d’activité du 1er octobre 2004 au 30 septembre 2005, p72
- Journal Officiel du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg Recueil Administratif et Economique B N°9 7 février 2001
- Who is who of the European Union institutions
- Luxembourger Wort, Dossier Rencontres enterprises-etudiants ANESEC 2008, p.VI
- Journal Officiel du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Recueil des Societes et Associations C — N° 755 13 Octobre 2000
- Chambre de Commerce de Luxembourg, 'Les droits d’auteur et leur protection par Luxorr, January/February 2008, page 76
- Hostert M and others (eds) (2001) l’Entrepreuneuriat dans la Grande-Région Archived 2012-03-08 at the Wayback Machine., ISBN 2-87999-132-3, ISBN 2-87999-133-1)
- Bulletin du Statec (1997), Volume XXXXIV, ISSN 0076-1583
- Hostert M, 'Luxembourg – Tolerant but conservative' in B. Baumgartl, A. Favell (eds) (1995) 'New Xenophobia in Europe', Kluwer Law International. London, ISBN 90-411-0865-3
- RTL Télé Lëtzebuerg's Success Story
- RTL Télé Lëtzebuerg's Kapital
- RTL Radio's Carte Blanche
- Ministry of the Economy and Foreign Trade
- FUSE - Esprit d’Entreprise
- European Court of Auditors Special Reports No.3/2010 on Impact Assessment and No.8/2010 on Trans-European rail networks[permanent dead link]
- European University Institute Florence