Marat Basharov (Tatar: Марат Галимҗан улы Бәшәров, born 22 August 1974) is a Russian film actor and a TV host. He has appeared in 30 films since 1994. He starred in the film The Wedding, which was entered into the 2000 Cannes Film Festival.
Marat was born in Moscow to a working class Volga Tatar family. After high school, he was enrolled in Moscow State University, Faculty of Law. However, pursuing an acting career, he soon dropped off and went to the M.S. Schepkin Higher Theatre School instead.
Marat has a daughter (born Sep 2004), named Ameli. In October 2014, Basharov beat his second wife, Katherine Arkharova, and kicked her out of the apartment. Arkharova spent some time in a coma. Doctors diagnosed her with nose fracture, traumatic brain injury and bruising. Later, the actress was discharged from the hospital and moved out.
- The Barber of Siberia (1998)
- The Wedding (2000)
- Tycoon (2002)
- The Turkish Gambit (2005)
- The Fall of the Empire (2005)
- Dikari (2006)
- Konservy (2007)
- 1612 (2007)
- Yulenka (2009)
- Attack on Leningrad (2009)
- In the Style of Jazz (2010)
- Office Romance. Our Time (2011)
- Rzhevsky versus Napoleon (2012)
- Battalion (2015)
- The Heritage of Love (2016)
- "Festival de Cannes: The Wedding". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 10 October 2009.
- Официальный сайт Марата Башарова Archived 8 September 2012 at the Wayback Machine (in Russian)
- "Марат Башаров избил жену до полусмерти". Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- Батальонъ (in Russian). КиноПоиск. Retrieved 27 March 2016.