Manjeet Singh Riyat
|Manjeet Singh Riyat|
|Born||1967 or 1968|
|Died||20 April 2020|
Royal Derby Hospital
|Occupation||Consultant, university teacher|
After education at the University of Leicester, qualifying in 1992, and training at Leicester Royal Infirmary and Lincoln County Hospital, he joined Royal Derby Hospital as a consultant in emergency medicine, in 2003. He rose to be head of the emergency department there in 2006, and was chair of the hospital's medical advisory committee and its medical staffing committee.
- Whittaker, Anna (20 April 2020). "Royal Derby consultant and dad-of-two dies after contracting coronavirus". Derby Telegraph. Retrieved 20 April 2020.
- "UK's first Sikh A&E consultant dies after contracting Covid-19". Express and Star. Retrieved 20 April 2020.
- "Tributes paid to Derby Emergency Consultant". University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS. Retrieved 20 April 2020.
- Walker, Amy (21 April 2020). "UK's first Sikh A&E consultant dies at his hospital after Covid-19 diagnosis". The Guardian. Retrieved 21 April 2020.
he became the first Sikh to be appointed as an emergency medicine consultant in the UK.
- TeamGlobalPunjab (21 April 2020). "ਬ੍ਰਿਟੇਨ 'ਚ ਪਹਿਲੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਐਮਰਜੈਂਸੀ ਸਲਾਹਕਾਰ ਡਾ.ਮਨਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਦਾ ਕੋਰੋਨਾ ਵਾਇਰਸ ਕਾਰਨ ਦੇਹਾਂਤ". Global Punjab TV (in Punjabi). Retrieved 22 April 2020.
- "Manjeet Riyat". Royal College of Emergency Medicine. Retrieved 21 April 2020.
- MacNamara, A F; Riyat, M S; Quinton, D N (7 March 2018). "The Changing Profile of Poisoning and its Management". Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine. 89 (11): 608–610. doi:10.1177/014107689608901104.