Mandela (1987 film)
Mandela is a 1987 British television drama film directed by Philip Saville and written by Ronald Harwood. The film stars Danny Glover as Nelson Mandela and Alfre Woodard as his wife Winnie. The film premiered on HBO on 20 September 1987.
|Screenplay by||Ronald Harwood|
|Directed by||Philip Saville|
|Theme music composer||Richard Hartley|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Executive producers||Robert Berger|
Robert A. Goldston (associate producer)
Leslie Linder (associate producer)
|Running time||135 minutes|
|Production companies||Polymuse Productions|
This article needs a plot summary. (January 2016)
- Danny Glover as Nelson Mandela
- Alfre Woodard as Winnie Madikizela-Mandela
- John Matshikiza as Walter Sisulu
- John Indi as Oliver Tambo
- Juanita Waterman as Adelaide Tambo
- Saul Reichlin as Bram Fischer
- Xoliswa Sithole as Zindzi Mandela
- Gertrude Rook as Zeni Mandela
- Nathan Dambuza Mdledle as Albert Luthuli
- Mike Phillips as Denis Goldberg
- John Indi as Bamuthi
- "Danny Glover: Film Star Values Activist Role". The Crisis. 110 (2): 41. Mar–Apr 2003.
- Hal Erickson (2014). "Mandela - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. Archived from the original on 2014-10-09. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- "Mandela (1986) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2016-02-06.