This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Malcolm James Campbell Templeton QSO (12 May 1924 – 11 September 2017) was a former New Zealand Foreign Service officer, who held a number of senior positions, including that of permanent representative to the United Nations, and Deputy Secretary of Foreign Affairs under Secretary Merwyn Norrish.
He was a supporter of the Halt All Racist Tours HART movement which opposed New Zealand's sporting contact with South Africa during the apartheid era, and an opponent of French nuclear testing in the South Pacific.
The world needed another nuclear power like a hole in the head" – referring to the French nuclear testing at Moruroa atoll (recorded in interview as played in a BBC4 programme "Blowing Up Paradise: Liberty, Equality and Radioactivity
He is the author of a number of books and publications on New Zealand's foreign relations and defence.
- Standing Upright Here: New Zealand in the Nuclear Age 1945–1990. (2006. Victoria University Press / New Zealand Institute of International Affairs, Wellington) ISBN 9780864735409 
- Protecting Antarctica (2002)
- A Wise Adventure: New Zealand and the Antarctic 1923–1960 (2001)
- Human Rights and Sporting Contacts: New Zealand Attitudes to Race Relations in South Africa (1998, revised edition(?) 1999)
- Ties of Blood and Empire: New Zealand's Involvement in Middle East Defence and the Suez Crisis 1947–57 (1994)
- Defence and Security: What New Zealand Needs (1986)
- An eye, an ear and a voice: 50 years in New Zealand’s external relations edited by Malcolm Templeton (1993, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Wellington NZ) ISBN 0-477-03725-9
- Malcolm Templeton D.Litt at thetempletons.org
- Standing Upright Here: New Zealand in the Nuclear Age 1945–1990 by Malcolm Templeton at barnesandnoble.com
| Permanent Representative to the United Nations in New York
|This biographical article related to government in New Zealand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|