|Elevation||758 ft (231 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||438478|
A post office was established at Mahon in 1853, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1867.
Mahon is located at.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Mahon, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- History of Huntington County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1887. pp. 650.
- Bash, Frank Sumner (1914). History of Huntington County, Indiana: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People, and Its Principal Interests. The Lewis Publishing Company. pp. 158.
- "Huntington County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 18 October 2014.