|Directed by||Paolo Virzì|
|Produced by||Marco Belardi|
|Written by||Francesca Archibugi|
|Music by||Carlo Virzì|
|Distributed by||01 Distribution|
On 3 July 1990, during the semi-final between Italy and Argentina at the 1990 FIFA World Cup, a film producer is found dead in the Tiber and three young aspiring screenwriters are the main suspects in the murder. During a night in the barracks, their sentimental and ironic journey is traced, describing the splendour and misery of a glorious period of the Italian cinema that is slowly fading away.
- Mauro Lamantia as Antonino Scordia
- Giovanni Toscano as Luciano Ambrogi
- Irene Vetere as Eugenia Malaspina
- Roberto Herlitzka as Fulvio Zappellini
- Giancarlo Giannini as Leandro Saponaro
- Ornella Muti as Federica
- Giulio Berruti as Max Andrei
- Giulio Scarpati as Salvatore Malaspina
- Paolo Bonacelli as Ennio
- "Bac Films Lured by Paolo Virzi's 'Magical Nights'". Variety. 2 November 2017. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Paolo Virzì's "Magical Nights" at the Rome Film Fest". news.cinecitta.com. 25 June 2018. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "'Notti magiche', l'amarcord di Virzì: "Un film sul cinema e sulle illusioni della gioventù"". La Repubblica. 28 September 2018. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Review: Magical Nights". Cineuropa.org. 29 October 2018. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Festa del Cinema di Roma, chiude Paolo Virzì con Notti magiche: "Un film che celebra l'arte dell'irriverenza"". Il Fatto Quotidiano. 27 October 2018. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "#RomaFF13 - Le prime anticipazioni della tredicesima edizione". romacinemafest.it. 25 June 2018. Retrieved 12 November 2018.