This article does not cite any sources. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A magic club is any group of local magicians who meet together on a regular basis. A club can be open to all with an interest in magic or it may be only possible to join by invite or by meeting some sort of notability criteria (e.g. professional magicians only). Some clubs may specialize in types of magic, or be primarily youth oriented.
Most magic clubs will charge a fee for membership. Fees will vary from club to club, depending on what services are offered.
- The Magic Castle, private clubhouse for the Academy of Magical Arts (Hollywood, USA)
- Magicopolis (Santa Monica, USA)
- Magic Club of Vienna (Austria)
- Shore City Magicians Club Inc (Auckland, New Zealand)
- The Magic Circle, London-based society
- Pentacle Club (Cambridge)
- Portsmouth and District Magic Circle (England)
Former magic clubsEdit
- Future American Magical Entertainers, important New York club for teens from the 1940s to 1980's
- Magic Towne House, important New York club
Although larger than local clubs, these allow amateurs magicians to become members. Many local clubs are affiliated with these and require membership in one of them as a prerequisite.