This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Entertainment, Retail, Publishing|
|Predecessor||Ireland Magic Company|
|Founded||1926 as Ireland Magic Company (incorporated 1963 as Magic, Inc.)|
|Founder||Laurie L. Ireland|
|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|James Ward Marshall|
Frances Ireland Marshall
|Products||magic sets, books, collectibles|
|Owner||Alexander "Sandy" Marshall|
The original store, then called the Ireland Magic Company, was located on 109 N. Dearborn in the Chicago Loop. In 1963, the store was renamed Magic, Inc. and moved to its long-occupied location at 5082 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago, Illinois. As of 2016, the store relocated to a new space at 1838 W. Lawrence Avenue, in Chicago.
In 1926, Laurie L. Ireland founded the original business, the Ireland Magic Company. Soon after his death in 1954, James "Jay" Ward Marshall married his widow, Frances Ireland, and took ownership of the magic shop.
The company published several original titles in its early years and up to today, continues to sell copies.
Products & ServicesEdit
The company sells a variety of magic products including books and pamphlets, magic sets and accessories, and collectibles. The company also has a staff of professional magicians who provide magic lessons for beginners and experienced magicians alike.
- "Magic Inc. - Magic to Boggle Your Mind - About Us". magicinc.net. Retrieved 2015-07-05.
- "The Columbia Chronicle". Archived from the original on 2013-01-19. Retrieved 2015-07-05.
- "MAGIC INC. HOURS & DIRECTIONS - OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK". magicinc.net. Retrieved 2015-07-05.
- "MagicTimes News Archives - Week Of May 27 - June 2, 2002". magictimes.com. Retrieved 2015-07-05.
- "Biographies Page KLM". magicnook.com. Retrieved 2015-07-05.
- "The New York Times". nytimes.com. Retrieved 2015-07-05.
- Gardner, M.; Tarbell, H.; McManus-Young Collection (Library of Congress) (1940). 12 Tricks with a Borrowed Deck. L.L. Ireland. Retrieved 2015-07-05.
- Gardner, M. (2007). Match-IC. Wildside Press. ISBN 9781434496522. Retrieved 2015-07-05.
- "Staff View: Math-ic : | Brown University Library". library.brown.edu. Retrieved 2015-07-05.