Madrona Venture Group
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Madrona Venture Group is an American venture capital firm, founded in 1995 and is based in Seattle, Washington. Madrona specializes in seed, startup, Series A and early stage investments. Madrona has made over 300 investments in 110 companies since its inception.
|Privately held company|
Madrona was founded in 1995 by Tom Alberg, Paul Goodrich, Gerald Grinstein, and William Ruckelshaus. Madrona has invested in the information technology sector including consumer internet commercial software and services, cloud computing, digital media and advertising, wireless, networking, mobile, and infrastructure sectors. As of 2015, more than 90% of the firms investments were in companies based in the Pacific Northwest.
In 2018, Madrona raised Madrona Fund VII of $300 million.
In 2012, Madrona raised a $300 million fund.
In 2014, Madrona Venture Group launched a startup studio, Madrona Venture Labs, as an in-house startup incubator.
The companies that Madrona has invested in include:
- "Madrona Venture Group Has Big Plans for the Seattle Area Tech Industry". Seattle Business Magazine. 2018-10-02. Retrieved 2018-12-04.
- "Madrona Venture Group". Businessweek. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Madrona Venture Group". Crunchbase. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- "Company Overview of Madrona Venture Group, LLC". Bloomberg. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- "Madrona Venture Group: Private Company Information - Businessweek". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "New Madrona $300M fund to be invested in tech companies". 2015-06-04. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Madrona Venture raises another $300 million fund to invest in Northwest startups". The Seattle Times. 2018-05-22. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "The mighty Madrona: Why one VC firm is so critical to Seattle (and why that's a little scary)". 2015-03-30. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- Wall Street Journal Madrona Venture Group Launches Studio to Build New Startups December 10, 2014
- "Madrona Venture Group Has Big Plans for the Seattle Area Tech Industry | Seattle Business Magazine". www.seattlebusinessmag.com. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- Mike, Rogoway (December 3, 2018). "Intel-backed cybersecurity startup Eclypsium raises $8.75 million". oregonlive.com. Retrieved 2018-12-04.