Mad T Party
Mad T Party was a nighttime event at Disney California Adventure, at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. Anchored in the Hollywood Studios subsection of the Hollywood Land section of the park, Mad T Party premiered on June 15, 2012, the same day the park was re-dedicated. The event, which succeeded ElecTRONica, was inspired by Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. Mad T Party closed on November 30, 2014. On December 5, 2014 it was announced that its temporary replacement would be "Freeze the Night! A Family Dance Party", inspired by Disney's 2013 animated film Frozen. "Freeze the Night!" ran through May 15, 2015. On February 13, 2015, it was announced that Mad T Party would return on May 22 as part of the 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration.
|Mad T Party|
|Disney California Adventure|
|Opening date||June 15, 2012(Original) May 22, 2015|
|Closing date||November 30, 2014(Original)|
March 30, 2016
|Replaced by||Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival|
|Attraction type||Nighttime event|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Theme||Alice in Wonderland|
|Music||Trance, new wave, dance-pop|
Mad T Party's final night of performance was March 30, 2016.
Mad T Party BandEdit
The Mad T Party band included two lead vocalists: an "Alice" and a "Mad Hatter". Both the Alice and the Mad Hatter roles were rotated through a roster of performers, which changed every night.
Music and atmosphereEdit
The music played at the Mad T Party was mainly dance music. Various types of music were played such as electro house, progressive house, and EDM. Guests of all ages were encouraged to dance at this event.
House of CardsEdit
The House of Cards was where the event's other acts are found. Performers included the Hottest Deck in Town who are professional dancers and an aerial act by The Dueling Queens. The stage's overhead structure was designed to look like its namesake – an LED-lit house of cards.
Drink Me was a cocktail club that offered alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages with names that are appropriate to the Alice in Wonderland theme, e.g., the Croquette Tini (which the staff described as a Cosmo), the Mad Hat-ito and the Mad Long Island Iced T.
- Trowbridge, Robin. "It's Almost 'T' Time at Disney California Adventure Park!". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Glover, Erin. "Fall Into the Rabbit Hole at Mad T Party – Coming to Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Mad T Party Steps Out of Disney California Adventure Park and Back Through the Looking Glass November 30". Disney Parks Blog.
- Slater, Shawn (December 5, 2014). "New 'Frozen Fun' Opens at Disneyland Resort January 7". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "Mad T Party Returns to Disney California Adventure Park as Part of Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration Beginning May 22". Disney Parks Blog.
- Slater, Shawn (February 15, 2016). "Last Serving of Mad T Party Set for March 30 at Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- Buck, Fielding (29 May 2012). "DISNEYLAND: California Adventure previews Mad T Party". The Press-Enterprise. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Trowbridge, Robin. "The Mad T Party Has Built an Amazing House of Cards!". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Trowbridge, Robin. "Sharing the Splendiful Sounds of the Mad T Party at Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- MacDonald, Brady (27 May 2012). "Review: Mad T Party keeps rocking at Disney California Adventure". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Trowbridge, Robin. "Classic Arcade-Style Games Get a 'Mad' Twist at Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved 29 June 2012.