M B Manik
M B Manik (1971 – 15 May 2014) was a notable Bangladeshi filmmaker. His directorial debut was Durdorsho. He made 36 films, including Kothin Prem, Prem Koyedi, Jaan Amar Jaan, Jaan Kurbaan, Ek Takar Denmohor, Bolo Na Tumi Amar, and Durdorsho Premik.
Manik was killed in a robbery in the United States. His family lived in the US. He owned a store out there as well. On 15 May 2014, people came to his shop asking for money. At one point of the heated conversation that ensued, he was shot by one of them. Critically injured, Manik was immediately taken to a hospital, but the doctors declared him dead. When his body was returned to his country, many Bangladeshi film actors and directors went to his residence and paid tribute. Manik is buried in his hometown of Feni, Bangladesh.
- "Montgomery's 7th Homicide - May 21, 2014". Homicidewatchmontgomery.com. Archived from the original on 20 October 2014. Retrieved 25 November 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "BD filmmaker shot dead in US". BanglaNews24.com. 15 May 2014.
- "M B Manik passes away". The Bangladesh Today. Archived from the original on 19 October 2014. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- "Director MB Manik Passes Away". Bdstar24.com. Retrieved 25 November 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ফেনীতে চির নিদ্রায় শায়িত এম বি মানিক. Dhallywood24 (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2014.