MV Doc Maynard is a passenger-only ferry built for the King County Water Taxi. The Doc Maynard is 104 feet (32 m) long and has a capacity of 278 passengers seated in two indoor and outdoor decks. It was built in 2015 by All American Marine in Bellingham, Washington for US$6.25 million (US$7.72 million in 2022 dollars), and is used primarily on the West Seattle–Seattle route. The vessel was named for David Swinson "Doc" Maynard, one of the pioneer founders of Seattle. It is the sister ship of the MV Sally Fox, which entered service in 2015.
|Name||MV Doc Maynard|
|Operator||King County Water Taxi|
|Port of registry||Seattle, Washington|
|Builder||All American Marine|
|Maiden voyage||September 18, 2015|
|In service||January 7, 2016|
|Type||Catamaran passenger ferry|
|Length||104.3 ft (31.8 m)|
|Beam||32.9 ft (10.0 m)|
|Draft||3.6 ft (1.1 m)|
|Installed power||2 x 1,800 bhp (1,300 kW) (biodiesel engines)|
- ^ Robinson, Patrick (January 6, 2016). "MV Doc Maynard will start the Water Taxi run Jan 7". West Seattle Herald. Retrieved September 18, 2016.
- ^ "Water Taxi Passenger Ferry – 105′ Aluminum Catamaran". All American Marine. Retrieved September 18, 2016.
- ^ 1634–1699: McCusker, J. J. (1997). How Much Is That in Real Money? A Historical Price Index for Use as a Deflator of Money Values in the Economy of the United States: Addenda et Corrigenda (PDF). American Antiquarian Society. 1700–1799: McCusker, J. J. (1992). How Much Is That in Real Money? A Historical Price Index for Use as a Deflator of Money Values in the Economy of the United States (PDF). American Antiquarian Society. 1800–present: Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Retrieved May 28, 2023.
- ^ Robinson, Patrick (September 18, 2015). "Newest water taxi MV Doc Maynard dedicated; Will serve West Seattle soon". West Seattle Herald. Retrieved September 18, 2016.
- ^ "King County welcomes new addition to its water taxi family" (Press release). King County Department of Transportation. September 18, 2015. Retrieved September 18, 2016.