MTA Capital Construction
MTA Capital Construction is a subsidiary agency of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), formed in July 2003 to manage the MTA's major capital projects in the New York metropolitan area. It mainly focuses on improving transportation infrastructure and facilities in New York City, the Hudson Valley, and Long Island areas. Funding primarily comes from local, state, and national bond sales and budgets. As of April 2017[update], the current MTA Capital Construction president is Janno Lieber.
|MTA Capital Program: An Introduction, Metropolitan Transportation Authority; July 25, 2011; 1:53 YouTube video clip|
|MTA Capital Program: Building for the Future, Metropolitan Transportation Authority; July 25, 2011; 2:09 YouTube video clip|
|MTA Capital Program: Service Reliability, Metropolitan Transportation Authority; July 25, 2011; 2:02 YouTube video clip|
|MTA Capital Program: Economic Benefits, Metropolitan Transportation Authority; July 26, 2011; 1:47 YouTube video clip|
Projects being built under MTA Capital Construction include the East Side Access and phases 2, 3, and 4 of the Second Avenue Subway. The Fulton Center was completed in November 2014 under MTA Capital Construction; the 7 Subway Extension was completed in September 2015; and the Second Avenue Subway's first phase, completed in January 2017. Other projects include the third track on the Main Line on the Long Island Rail Road between Floral Park and Mineola, and the second track from Bethpage to Ronkonkoma on the same line.
- About MTA CC
- Fitzsimmons, Emma G. (2017-04-19). "World Trade Center Developer to Oversee M.T.A. Expansion Projects". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-03-18. Retrieved 2015-03-10.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Fitzsimmons, Emma G. (September 10, 2015). "Subway Station for 7 Line Opens on Far West Side". The New York Times. Retrieved September 13, 2015.
- Tangel, Andrew (September 13, 2015). "New Subway Station Opens on NYC's Far West Side". WSJ. Retrieved September 13, 2015.
- Slotnik, Daniel E.; Wolfe, Jonathan; Fitzsimmons, Emma G.; Palmer, Emily; Remnick, Noah (January 1, 2017). "Opening of Second Avenue Subway: Updates". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- Fitzsimmons, Emma G. (January 5, 2016). "Cuomo Revives Long-Stalled Plan to Add Track to L.I.R.R." The New York Times. p. A18. Retrieved January 7, 2016.
- "Long Island Rail Road Double Track Project" (PDF). mta.info. Retrieved April 10, 2015.