|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
MORE is an outline processor application that was created for the Apple Macintosh in 1986 by software developer Dave Winer and that was not ported to any other platforms. An earlier outliner, ThinkTank, was developed by Winer, his brother Peter, and Doug Baron. The outlines could be formatted with different layouts, colors, and shapes. Outline "nodes" could include pictures and graphics.
|Operating system||Classic Mac OS|
|License||Proprietary; later rereleased as freeware|
The company that made these products, Living Videotext, merged with Symantec in July 1987. Around July 1999, with Symantec's permission, Mr. Winer released versions of the ThinkTank and MORE products on a Web site for free download.
Functions in these outliners included:
- Appending notes, comments, rough drafts of sentences and paragraphs under some topics
- Assembling various low-level topics and creating a new topic to group them under
- Deleting duplicate topics
- Demoting a topic to become a subtopic under some other topic
- Disassembling a grouping that does not work, parceling its subtopics out among various other topics
- Dividing one topic into its component subtopics
- Dragging to rearrange the order of topics
- Making a hierarchical list of topics
- Merging related topics
- Promoting a subtopic to the level of a topic
- Farber, Dan (2013-03-25). "Dave Winer debuts 'classic' Little Outliner". CNET. Retrieved 2016-04-17.
- Winer, Dave (August 1999). "Welcome to Outliners.Com!". Retrieved 2016-04-17.
- Dave Winer. "Outliners & Programming". UserLand Software. Archived from the original on 2008-05-12. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- Parker, Rachel (1987-07-13). "Symantec Buys Living Videotext, Joins Mac Market". InfoWorld. 9 (28): 5.
Price, Jonathan (October 19–22, 1997) How Electronic Outlining Can Help You Create Online Materials Retrieved April 17, 2016
- Outliners.com Archived information by Dave Winer
- How Electronic Outlining Can Help You Create Online Materials at The Communication Circle
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to MORE (application).|
|This word processor article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Classic Mac OS and/or macOS software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|