MGM Park is a minor league baseball park in Biloxi, Mississippi. It is the home of the Double-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers, the Biloxi Shuckers of the Southern League. The ballpark opened on June 6, 2015 as the Shuckers played the Mobile BayBears, winning by a score of 5-4. The ballpark has 5,000 fixed seats with room for an additional 800-1,000 fans in berm seating.
|Former names||Caillavet Park (planning)|
|Address||105 Caillavet Street|
|Location||Biloxi, MS 39350|
|Owner||City of Biloxi|
|Operator||Biloxi Baseball, LLC.|
|Broke ground||January 23, 2014|
|Opened||June 6, 2015|
|Construction cost||US$36 million|
|Architect||Dale Partners Architects P. A.|
|Structural engineer||Joe DeReuil Associates, LLC|
|General contractor||W. G. Yates & Sons|
|Biloxi Shuckers (SL) (2015–present)|
Ground for the ballpark was broken on January 23, 2014, before the Biloxi City Council approved the project.
On May 9, 2014, the Biloxi City Council voted unanimously, without public discussion, to cancel its project management contract with Yates Construction. Because of this, the expected completion date of the ballpark was pushed from April 2015 to May 17, 2015. The city had decided to "separately bid each phase" of construction "rather than drafting specifications for the entire project", but the council instead would "bid the entire project". Yates Construction was awarded the contract by a 5-2 vote by the Biloxi City Council on July 22, 2014.
The stadium layout is organized around the concourse level that wraps around the field and includes concessions, a lounge and a team store. The majority of the seating is located below the concourse level with 12 suites situated above the concourse.
- Harris, Chris (February 12, 2015). "A Walking Tour of MGM Park". Minor League Baseball. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Stephenson, Creg (January 23, 2014). "Baseball: Ground Broken for New Biloxi Minor League Stadium, Which Will Be Named MGM Park". The Mississippi Press. Pascagoula. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- "MGM Park, Biloxi, Mississippi". Dale Partners Architects P. A. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- "Projects: Unique Structures". Joe DeReuil Associates, LLC. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- Perez, Mary (July 22, 2014). "Biloxi Stadium Construction Could Start in a Week". Sun Herald. Biloxi. Archived from the original on August 19, 2014. Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- Fordin, Spencer (September 17, 2014). "Brewers renew contracts with Biloxi, Brevard County". MLB.com. Retrieved September 17, 2014.
- Perez, Mary (May 28, 2015). "Biloxi Shuckers' First Pitch Will Be June 6 After All". Biloxi Sun Herald. Archived from the original on May 29, 2015. Retrieved May 29, 2015.
- Stephenson, Creg (January 22, 2014). "New Biloxi Baseball Team Owners Promise Fun Ballpark Atmosphere, Retail Growth". The Mississippi Press. Pascagoula. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- Lee, Anita (May 9, 2014). "Biloxi Cancels Construction Management Deal, Seeks Contractor for Baseball Stadium". Sun Herald. Biloxi. Archived from the original on May 13, 2014. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- Brannan, Jonathan (May 27, 2014). "Biloxi Baseball Stadium Completion Date Pushed Back". WLBT. Jackson, Mississippi. Retrieved June 11, 2014.