Microsoft Lumia 535
The Microsoft Lumia 535 is an entry-level smartphone developed by Microsoft Mobile that runs the Windows Phone 8.1 OS and is upgradable to Windows 10 Mobile. The phone features a 5-inch display. It is equipped with a 5 MP front-facing camera. It is the first Microsoft-branded phone to be used after its acquisition of Nokia's mobile phone business.
Microsoft Lumia 535
|Slogan||Big on Experience|
|Compatible networks||GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900|
HSPA 900/2100 (+ 850/1900 for RM-1018/RM-1020)
|Predecessor||Nokia Lumia 530|
|Successor||Microsoft Lumia 540|
|Related||Microsoft Lumia 430|
|Dimensions||140.2 mm (5.52 in) H |
72.4 mm (2.85 in) W
8.8 mm (0.35 in) D
|Mass||146 g (5.1 oz)|
|Operating system||Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia Denim)|
(Upgradable to Windows 10 Mobile)
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 MSM8212|
|CPU||1.2 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex A7|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 302|
|Memory||1 GB RAM|
|Storage||8 GB Internal|
|Removable storage||128 GB, microSD|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch capacitive touchscreen|
|Display||5-inch IPS LCD, 540x960 resolution, 220ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3|
|Rear camera||5 MP auto-focus, f/2.4 with LED flash, FWVGA 848x480 video|
|Front camera||5 MP|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 4.0 + LE|
Wi-Fi :802.11b/g/n, WiFi Hotspot
Wi-Fi-based positioning system (WPS)
FM radio, Internet radio
|Other||Talk time (2G): up to 11 hours|
Talk time (3G): 13 h
Stand-by time: up to 23 days
Maximum cellular network browsing time: 8.5 h
Music playback time: 78 h
|Website||Microsoft Lumia 535 at the Wayback Machine (archived November 11, 2014)|
The Lumia 535 comes with a 5.0" IPS LCD display and 5 MP cameras on both the front and the back. The phone 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of built-in storage, and is powered by a quad-core 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 200 CPU and Adreno 302 GPU. Battery capacity is 1905 mAh and the phone is available in orange, green, white, black, gray and blue.
The Lumia 535 ships with Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 (through the Lumia Denim update) and is upgradeable to Windows 10 Mobile.
Jim Martin from PC Advisor wrote: "We're fans of Windows Phone 8.1 but the Lumia 535 compromises in too many areas to make it a bargain at £100. You're better off with a Motorola Moto E or – if you want 4G – the EE Kestrel."
Katharine Byrne from Expert Reviews wrote that "Microsoft's Lumia 535 is well-built, but poor battery life and a fussy touchscreen makes it frustrating to use."
According to Microsoft, the Lumia 535 became the best-selling mid-range smartphone in Pakistan.
Since the release, users have detected numerous problems regarding the phone's touch screen. Microsoft has stated that these problems are caused by a software bug and released an update in January 2015 to fix it. Another update in March partially fixed the issue and users who are still experiencing the issue are advised to contact Microsoft Care.
- Compal of Taiwan Looks to Attaining 2015 Revenue Exceeding NT$1 Trillion | CENS.com - Taiwan Industry Updates | Industry Reports
- Microsoft Lumia 540: Vivid Midranger | The Daily Star
- "Microsoft Lumia 535 Specifications". Microsoft Mobile Oy. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual SIM review: Bigger, better". GeekySplash. Archived from the original on May 21, 2015.
- "Microsoft Lumia 535 Specification". GSM Arena. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- Microsoft Lumia 535 review: the £100 smartphone that's better than the Lumia 530 but still flawed - PC Advisor
- Microsoft Lumia 535 review | Expert Reviews
- Microsoft confirms Lumia 535 touch issues, fix coming soon - GSMArena.com news
- "Microsoft releases touchscreen bug-fixing update to Lumia 535 dual-SIM users: Check out now".
- Lumia 535 update that brings Touch fixes & Cortana support now live in India | Nokia The One Archived 2015-04-03 at the Wayback Machine
- Microsoft Community