Luciano Serra, Pilot
|Luciano Serra, Pilot|
|Directed by||Goffredo Alessandrini|
|Produced by||Angelo Monti|
|Written by||Francesco Masoero |
Cesare Giulio Viola
|Starring||Amedeo Nazzari |
|Music by||Giulio Cesare Sonzogno|
|Edited by||Giorgio Simonelli|
|8 August 1938|
It was screened at the Venice Film Festival in August 1938, where it was awarded the Mussolini Cup for Best Italian Film. It was considered the defining film of Nazzari's career, establishing him as the leading male star in Italy.
The film's assistant director Roberto Rossellini supervised the shooting of footage on location in North Africa. Rossellini made his own directorial debut three years later with The White Ship, and went on to become a leading Italian filmmaker.
- Amedeo Nazzari as Luciano Serra
- Germana Paolieri as Sandra Serra
- Roberto Villa as Aldo Serra
- Mario Ferrari as Il colonnello Franco Morelli
- Guglielmo Sinaz as Jose Ribera
- Egisto Olivieri as Nardini, il suocero di Luciano
- Andrea Checchi as Ten. Binelli
- Oscar Andriani as Il cappellano militare
- Olivia Fried as Dorothy Thompson
- Nicola Maldacea as Un socio del circolo
- Beatrice Mancini as La fidanzata di Aldo
- Gundle p.184
- Bondanella p.27
- Bondanella, Peter. A History of Italian Cinema. Continuum, 2011.
- Gundle, Stephen. Mussolini's Dream Factory: Film Stardom in Fascist Italy. Berghahn Books, 2013.