Love Child (2014 film)
Love Child is a 2014 South Korean-American documentary film directed by Valerie Veatch. Veatch produced the film with David Foox. The film premiered in-competition in the World Cinema Documentary Competition at 2014 Sundance Film Festival on January 17, 2014.
|Directed by||Valerie Veatch|
|Produced by||David Foox|
Dong Hyun Danny Kim
|Written by||Valerie Veatch|
|Edited by||Valerie Veatch|
Love Child received mixed to positive reviews upon its premiere at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival. Christie Ko in his review for ScreenCrave gave the film 6/10 and said that "This documentary is not an exhaustive look at the addiction to gaming, but does a good job of explaining this incident of the couple and their baby in South Korea. It is thorough in its treatment of their story. But it scratched the surface of broader implications that left me with many questions." While, Daniel Fienberg of HitFix said in his review that Love Child never attempts to cheapen the tragedy of Sarang's death, but like "Web Junkie," it wants to lay out a pattern of behavior that might seem a little extreme, but also won't feel that outlandish to anybody who counts the Internet among the spaces in which they feel most social."
- "Sundance 2014: HBO documentary 'Love Child' explores the dark side of online gaming -- POSTER EXCLUSIVE". Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- "'Love Child' Examines Death Linked to Game Addiction". Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- "Sundance 2014: World Cinema Documentary Competition". Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- "Sundance '14: Doc trailer round-up". Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- "Theatrical Release Dates". Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- Elder, Sean (2014-07-27). "A KOREAN COUPLE LET A BABY DIE WHILE THEY PLAYED A VIDEO GAME". Newsweek. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- "Sundance 2014: Love Child - Movie Review". Archived from the original on February 10, 2014. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- "Review: 'Love Child' looks at online addiction in South Korea". Retrieved April 14, 2014.
|This article about a biographical documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This South Korean film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|