Love is a 2008 Indonesian anthology romance film directed by Kabir Bhatia as a remake of the 2006 film Cinta. The film marked the last appearance of actor Sophan Sophiaan before his death in 2008. Sophiaan appeared opposite his real-life wife, Widyawati.
|Directed by||Kabir Bhatia|
|Written by||Titien Wattimena|
|Produced by||Manoj Samtani|
|Cinematography||Eddy Michael S.|
|Music by||Erwin Gutawa|
The Nature Producers
|Distributed by||13 Entertainment|
With Jakarta as the background, the film shares the stories of 5 different couples of various ages, social, and economic groups.
The project began filming in 2007, and was at first accused of being a copy of the 2003 British romantic comedy film Love Actually. Writer Titien Wattimena denied that it was a copy, and Christo Damar of 'The Nature Producers' stated that while Love began with the same basic precept, it was actually based upon the 2006 film Cinta, with perhaps a 10% similarity to its predecessor, and 90% being a different story as now set in Jakarta. The composer Erwin Gutawa contributed to the film.
- Laudya Cynthia Bella as Dinda
- Irwansyah as Restu
- Acha Septriasa as Iin
- Darius Sinathriya as Awin
- Fauzi Baadilla as Rama
- Luna Maya as Tere
- Sophan Sophiaan as Nugroho
- Surya Saputra as Gilang
- Widyawati as Lestari
- Wulan Guritno as Miranda
- Ajeng Sardi as Dewi
- Aryo Wahab as Rio
- Gading Marten as Arif
- Marsha Aruan as Icha
- Linda Ramadhanty as Ayu
- Nur Saptahadi as Chandra
- Al Fathir Muchtar as Omar
- Marsha Timothy as Tia
- Joko Anwar as Arya
Awards and nominationsEdit
This movie won "Movie of the Year" at the Guardians e-Awards and nominated for "Favorite Film" at the Indonesian Movie Awards.
|2008||Guardians e-Awards||Movie of the Year||Love||Won|
|Best Leading Actor||Surya Saputra||Won|
|Best Leading Actress||Acha Septriasa||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||Sophan Sophiaan||Won|
|Best Cinematography||Eddy Michael Santoso||Won|
|Best Editing||Kabir Bhatia & Johan Bahar||Won|
|2009||Indonesian Movie Awards||Favorite Film||Love||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Sophan Sophiaan||Nominated|
|Favorite Actor||Sophan Sophiaan||Won|
|Favorite Soundtrack||Gita Gutawa – "Sempurna" (Love)||Nominated|
|Studio album by |
|Label||Sony BMG Music Entertainment Indonesia|
Ost. Love is a compilation album released in 2008 to accompany the film of the same title, Love. The soundtrack album has 9 songs. The hit song single Sempurna sung by Andra and The BackBone was recycling song by Gita Gutawa.
- Sempurna (second version) - Gita Gutawa
- Anugerah Terindah Yang Pernah Ku Miliki - Sheila On 7
- Oo..Oo..Oo.. - Gigi
- Kasih Tak Sampai - Padi
- Scoring Love 2 - Erwin Gutawa
- Dua Hati Menjadi Satu - Gita Gutawa feat Dafi
- Ku Ingin Engkau - Vagetoz
- Sempurna (first version) - Gita Gutawa
- Scoring Love 1 - Gita Gutawa
Iskandar Liem of the Jakarta Post wote that the film might have seemed to simply be a remake of the earlier Cinta, using notable stars as a means of attracting money at the box office, but offered that "despite its flaws, [the film] proves to be an emotional reflection on affairs of the heart. Speaking toward the work of Sophan Sophiaan in the film, Liem wrote it was "refreshing to see senior thespian Sophan venturing outside his usual stern patriarchal roles with his touching portrayal of vulnerability." He acknowledged the work of Widyawati, Sophiaan's real-life wife, in her role as Lestari, writing "her character's generosity of spirit genuinely glows from her". He shared that of the cast, the work of Acha Septriasa was a "standout performance", writing "her performance is so fluid and organic, it's hard to believe this is the same grating actress who shamelessly turned on the waterworks in Love is Cinta". Liem concluded his review by summarizing "In spite of its flaws, Love still gave this jaded viewer a warm fuzzy feeling all over as the credits rolled".
- Liem, Iskandar (24 February 2008). "A love–hate relationship with Kabir Bhatia's latest offering". Jakarta Post. thejakartapost.com. Retrieved 25 June 2010.
- "Film 'Love' tidak Contek Film Luar Negeri". Inilah (in Indonesian). artis.inilah.com/. 7 February 2008. Retrieved 25 June 2010.[dead link]
- "Laudya Chintya Bella Sayangi Anak Autis". Kapalagi (in Indonesian). kapanlagi.com. 28 January 2008. Retrieved 25 June 2010.
- Laura, Lady Asther (9 January 2008). "Putus dari Irwansyah, Acha Septriasa Gaet Fauzi Baadilla". Kabar Indonesia (in Indonesian). kabarindonesia.com. Retrieved 25 June 2010.
- Liem, Iskandar (24 February 2008). "A love–hate relationship with Kabir Bhatia's latest offering". Jakarta Post. Retrieved 3 June 2008.
- (in Indonesian) Love won Movie of the Year at 2008 Guardians e-Awards retrieved on 2008-08-17
- (in Indonesian) Surya Saputra won Best Leading Actor (Love) at 2008 Guardians e-Awards retrieved on 2008-08-17
- (in Indonesian) Acha Septriasa won Best Leading Actress (Love) at 2008 Guardians e-Awards retrieved on 2008-08-17
- (in Indonesian) Sophan Sophiaan won Best Supporting Actor (Love) at 2008 Guardians e-Awards retrieved on 2008-08-17
- (in Indonesian) Eddy Michael Santoso won Best Cinematography (Love) at 2008 Guardians e-Awards retrieved on 2008-08-17
- (in Indonesian) Kabir Bhatia & Johan Bahar won Best Editing (Love) at 2008 Guardians e-Awards retrieved on 2008-08-17
- (in Indonesian) Sophan Sophiaan won Favorite Actor (Love) at 2009 Indonesian Movie Awards retrieved on 2009-05-17