The Louisville Panthers were an ice hockey team in the American Hockey League. They played in Louisville, Kentucky. Their home venue was Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Exposition Center. The mascot was a light brown "panther" named Paws. They were affiliates of the Florida Panthers. The team became dormant following the 2000–01 season, until it was resurrected in 2005 as the Iowa Stars. Today, the franchise is known as the Texas Stars.
|League||American Hockey League|
|Home arena||Freedom Hall|
(hockey capacity 17,220)
|Colors||navy blue, red, and gold|
- Goals: 48 (Paul Brousseau, 1999–01)
- Assists: 63 (Paul Brousseau, 1999–01)
- Points: 111 (Paul Brousseau, 1999–01)
- PIM: 481 (Brent Thompson, 1999–01)
- Regular season
|Season||1st round||2nd round||3rd round||Finals|
|1999–00||L, 1-3, Kentucky||—||—||—|
|2000–01||Did not qualify.|
- Kleber, John E. (2015). The Encyclopedia of Louisville. University Press of Kentucky p. 564. ISBN 978-0-8131-4974-5.
- Rose, Dave (December 2, 2011). "Ice Hockey and Louisville: A surprising combination". Louisville. Retrieved January 14, 2020.
- Clinton, Jared (August 25, 2015). "AHL Logo Ranking: No. 19 – Texas Stars". The Hockey News. Retrieved January 14, 2020.