Looking Ahead (Makanda Ken McIntyre album)
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||June 28, 1960|
|Studio||Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey|
|Ken McIntyre chronology|
Allmusic awarded the album 4½ stars stating "It was quite fitting that Ken McIntyre had an opportunity to record in a quintet with Eric Dolphy, for his multi-instrumental approach was similar to Dolphy's, although he always had a very different sound... A very interesting date".
All compositions by Ken McIntyre except as indicated
- Editorial Staff, Cash Box (21 Jan 1961). "January Album Releases" (PDF). The Cash Box. The Cash Box Publishing Co. Inc., NY. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- New Jazz Records discography accessed March 28, 2014
- Fitzgerald, M., Makanda Ken McIntyre Discography, accessed March 16, 2015
- Down Beat: March 2, 1961 Vol. 28, No. 5
- Yanow, S. Allmusic Review accessed March 28, 2014