Live @ the Vision Festival
Live @ the Vision Festival is an album by American jazz trombonist Steve Swell, which was recorded at the 2006 Vision Festival and released on the Polish Not Two label. It was the third release by Slammin' the Infinite, this time a quintet with guest pianist John Blum.
|Live @ the Vision Festival|
|Live album by|
|Recorded||June 17, 2006|
|Venue||Angel Orensanz Center, New York City|
|Steve Swell chronology|
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
In his review for AllMusic, Michael G. Nastos states "Swell and his quintet dubbed 'Slammin' the Infinite' do indeed push the envelope, play arresting free-based music, and decompose standard jazz nomenclature while also paying tribute to the pioneering heroes of the genre."
In a double review for All About Jazz, John Sharpe notes that "Less than perfect sound is the only drawback to an otherwise splendid disc... But the passion, power and high octane exuberance of this band nonetheless makes for required listening."
- All compositions by Steve Swell
- "Improv / Box Set" - 16:11
- "For Grachan" - 15:37
- "Patient Explorer / For Frank Lowe" - 14:55
- Live @ the Vision Festival at Not Two
- Nastos, Michael G.. Steve Swell – Live @ the Vision Festival: Review at AllMusic. Retrieved December 26, 2014.
- Cook, Richard; Brian Morton (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz on CD. The Penguin Guide to Jazz (9th ed.). London: Penguin. p. 1372. ISBN 0141034017.
- Sharpe, John. Live @ the Vision Festival review at All About Jazz