Liu Zheng (born August 1954) is a former lieutenant-general in the People's Liberation Army of China. He served as Deputy Head of the PLA General Logistics Department. In November 2014 he was placed under investigation by the PLA's anti-corruption agency.
|Born||August 1954 (age 65)|
Yingkou, Liaoning, China
|Allegiance||People's Republic of China|
|Service/||People's Liberation Army Ground Force|
|Commands held||Deputy Head of the People's Liberation Army General Logistics Department (2012–2014)|
Life and careerEdit
Liu was born and raised in Yingkou, Liaoning. He graduated from PLA Second Artillery Engineering University, majoring in electronics and communication engineering. After college, he was assigned to the PLA General Logistics Department (GLD). Liu obtained the rank of major general in July 2006. In December 2009 he was promoted to become Chief of Staff of the GLD, a position he held until December 2012, while he was promoted again to become Deputy Head of the GLD. He attained the rank of lieutenant-general in August 2014. On January 15, 2015, the People's Liberation Army announced that he has been under investigation since December 2014 for "suspected legal violations".
- "Another senior Chinese military logistics officer under investigation". People Daily Online. January 15, 2015.
- Zhang Yi (2015-01-16). "PLA officers placed under investigation". Chinadaily.
- "PLA officers placed under investigation". mod.gov.cn. 2015-01-16.
- "代表：刘铮". National People's Congress of the People's Republic of China (in Chinese). 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-11-12.
- "China investigates senior military officials for graft amid crackdown". Reuters. 2015-01-15.
- "中国军方公布16名军级以上领导干部重大贪腐案件" (in Chinese). Chinanews. Retrieved 2015-01-15.
Ding Jiye (丁继业)
| Deputy Director of the PLA General Logistics Department
December 2012－November 2014
Zhou Songhe (周松和)