"Little Wonders" is a song by American singer-songwriter Rob Thomas, recorded for Disney's animated feature Meet the Robinsons in 2007. It is the second single from the Meet the Robinsons soundtrack. It is featured on the film's soundtrack and in the ending of the film itself, and has been released as a single. "Little Wonders" debuted on the US Billboard Hot 100 at number 78 and subsequently peaked at number 58. The song also became a top-20 hit in Australia, Austria, and Germany.
|Single by Rob Thomas|
|from the album Meet the Robinsons soundtrack|
|Released||March 13, 2007|
|Label||Atlantic, Walt Disney|
|Rob Thomas singles chronology|
Rob Thomas revealed on April 1, 2017, via his Facebook page, that the song 'Little Wonders' was written about him and his wife Marisol's first dog Tyler, who was born on that same date.
Two different versions of this video have been released, both of which contain various live action references to scenes in Meet the Robinsons.
The original version features Thomas set against various backdrops, most of which feature crowded scenes. It starts out with Thomas in a rainy day in a city, singing the song under an umbrella (a reference to the film's rainy opening). The camera pans out at the chorus to show various people in the city. The next verse begins with Thomas on a rooftop in the city (a reference to the building rooftop which the film's protagonist, Lewis, spent much time on and various important events of the film take place on), playing an acoustic guitar while singing, and at the second chorus, the camera again pans out to show window views of various people engaging in different activities. The bridge shows Thomas at a kids' softball game (a reference to Goob, Lewis's roommate at the orphanage who revolves around baseball and is a little league baseball player). A kid hits a home run ball, which carries onto a beach, and in front of a house on the coast of the beach, Thomas sings the last of the song while people play around on the beach.
It ends with Thomas walking off the beach into the sunset.
Sales and certificationsEdit
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000|
Sales+streaming figures based on certification alone.
- "iTunes - Music - Little Wonders (Music from the Motion Picture) - Single by Rob Thomas". iTunes Store (US) (Apple Inc.). Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- "Rob Thomas". www.facebook.com. Retrieved April 4, 2017.
- "Rob Thomas – Little Wonders". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Retrieved January 21, 2021.
- "Rob Thomas – Little Wonders" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Retrieved January 21, 2021.
- "Rob Thomas Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Rob Thomas – Little Wonders" (in German). GfK Entertainment charts. Retrieved January 21, 2021.
- "Rob Thomas – Little Wonders". Swiss Singles Chart. Retrieved January 21, 2021.
- "Rob Thomas Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Rob Thomas Chart History (Adult Contemporary)". Billboard.
- "Rob Thomas Chart History (Adult Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "ARIA Top 100 Singles for 2007". ARIA. Retrieved January 21, 2021.
- "Jahreshitparade Singles 2007". austriancharts.at (in German). Retrieved January 13, 2020.
- "Top 100 Singles–Jahrescharts 2007" (in German). GfK Entertainment. Retrieved January 21, 2021.
- "Adult Contemporary Songs – Year-End 2007". Billboard. Retrieved September 21, 2019.
- "Adult Pop Songs – Year-End 2007". Billboard. Retrieved September 21, 2019.
- "American single certifications – Rob Thomas – Little Wonders". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved January 21, 2021.