Little Lunch (TV series)
Little Lunch is an Australian children's mockumentary comedy drama television series that first aired on ABC ME in 2015. The 26-part, 15 minute series is based on the books written by Danny Katz and illustrated by Mitch Vane. The series was adapted for television by Robyn Butler and Wayne Hope. The stories are set in the primary school playground at snack time and unfold through six children whose names are Atticus, Debra Jo, Rory, Melanie, Tamara and Battie as well as their teacher Mrs. Gonsha.
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 (plus 2 specials)|
|Executive producer(s)||Bernadette O'Mahoney|
|Running time||15/30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Gristmill Productions|
|Original network||ABC Me|
|Picture format||16:9 HD|
|Original release||20 July 2015|
Two additional specials were filmed and screened in 2016: “The Halloween Horror Story” and “The Nightmare Before Graduation”. The series was filmed at St Kilda Primary School in Melbourne, Australia.
Little Lunch is set in a suburban primary school in Australia and follows the adventures of six Grade 5 students (listed below). In each episode set at little lunch (or recess), the children tell stories about a scenario that happened at little lunch or events that happened outside class for example, a walk-a-thon, two pupils competing for who gets to go on the monkey bars or celebrating a birthday.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Joshua Sitch (born September 3, 2002) as Atticus Busby: A natural born leader, who is always trying to be well-liked by telling jokes.
- Madison Lu (b. 2004) as Melanie Woo: A sweet girl who wants to be a vet when she grows up.
- Faith Seci (born November 8, 2003) as Debra-Jo: The class nerd, loves anything academic-related, and gets easily mad. She loves bossing people around and hates to be wrong.
- Olivia Deeble (born August 4, 2002) as Tamara Noodle: The class athlete, loves the monkey bars so much that some people claim she owns them. Sometimes she can be a little arrogant, but she is kind to all the others most of the time.
- Oisín O'Leary (born September 30, 2002) as Battie: An introverted boy who loves spending time thinking in trees. He is very creative and is always coming up with stories starring his original superhero, "Stretcho", a boy with an elastic hand. When Battie dresses up as Stretcho, he feels very outgoing and brave.
- Flynn Curry (born November 27, 2003) as Rory: An undisciplined kid who has behaviour issues, he can be hard to control and often just can't help it. He is, however, very clever, and very honest about himself.
- Heidi Arena as Mrs. Gonsha
This show airs in the United States on Universal Kids and in Canada on TVO. The first and second season is available on Netflix in the UK and the US.
- "Australian Television: Little Lunch". www.australiantelevision.net. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "Airdate: Little Lunch: The Halloween Horror Story". tvtonight.com.au. 15 October 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "Little Lunch: Christmas special". tvtonight.com.au. 3 December 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2018.