List of the largest trading partners of India
According to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the fifteen largest trading partners of India represent 59.37% of total trade by India in the financial year 1951-1952. These figures include trade in goods and commodities, but do not include services or foreign direct investment.
The two largest goods traded by India are mineral fuels (refined / unrefined) and gold (finished gold ware / gold metal). In the year 2013-14, mineral fuels (HS code 27) were the largest traded item with 181.383 billion US$ worth imports and 64.685 billion US$ worth re-exports after refining. In the year 2013-14, gold and its finished items (HS code 71) were the second largest traded items with 58.465 billion US$ worth imports and 41.692 billion US$ worth re-exports after value addition. These two goods are constituting 53% total imports, 34% total exports and nearly 100% of total trade deficit (136 billion US$) of India in the financial year 2013-14. The services trade (exports and imports) are not part of commodities trade. The trade surplus in services trade is US$70 billion in the year 2017-18.
Counting the European Union as one, the WTO ranks India fifth for commercial services exports and sixth for commercial services imports.
The two main destinations of exported Indian merchandises is the EU market and the USA, when the two main markets of origin are China and the EU According to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the fifteen largest trading partners of India represent 59.37% of total trade by India in the financial year 2015-2016. These figures include trade in goods and commodities, but do not include services or foreign direct investment. 2019 20 India's top trend partner USA
Largest trading partners with IndiaEdit
India's largest trade partners with their total trade (sum of imports and exports) in billions of US dollars for the financial year 2019–20 were as follows:
|Rank||Country||Exports||Imports||Total Trade||Trade Balance|
|3||United Arab Emirates||28.81||30.22||59.03||1.41|
Countries of which India is the largest trading partnerEdit
India is the primary export or import partner of several countries. The percentages on these tables are based on 2017 data as shown on the CIA World Factbook.
|Rank||Country||Value (US$ billion)||Share of overall exports|
|2||United Arab Emirates||28.8||9.20%|
Import partners Of India.Edit
|Rank||Country||Value (US$ billion)||Share of overall imports|
|3||United Arab Emirates||25.8||6.39%|
- India related
- Foreign trade of India
- Economy of India
- Foreign-exchange reserves of India
- Remittances to India
- Business process outsourcing to India
- List of exports of India
- Indian diaspora
- List of countries by leading trade partners
- List of the largest trading partners of the United States
- List of the largest trading partners of the European Union
- List of the largest trading partners of China
- List of the largest trading partners of Australia
- List of the largest trading partners of Canada
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2010-05-11.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Total Trade :: 25 Top countries". commerce.nic.in. Department of Commerce. Archived from the original on 22 October 2018. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- "Statistics - Services Export Promotion Council". Department of Commerce. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- "Total Trade". commerce.gov.in/. Department of Commerce. 2019–20. Retrieved 27 December 2020.CS1 maint: date format (link)
- "Exports – partners". The World Factbook. Retrieved 2018-10-21.
- "Imports – partners". The World Factbook. Retrieved 2018-10-21.
- Macroeconomics and Elementary Statistics. FK Publications. ISBN 9788187140900.
- "GOVERNMENT OF INDIA, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE".