List of smaller islands in New York City
In addition to the three principal islands of New York City—Manhattan Island, Staten Island and part of Long Island—each borough contains several smaller islands. New York City contains about 36 to 42 islands in total.
- Hunter Island, no longer an island, part of Pelham Bay Park
- Twin Island, no longer an island, part of Pelham Bay Park
- North Brother Island (East River)
- South Brother Island (East River)
- Pelham Islands, historical name for a group of mostly uninhabited islands in western Long Island Sound
- Rikers Island (East River), location of New York City's jail