List of largest hourglasses
This article lists the largest hourglasses that have been built.
|Built in 2000, this hourglass is located in Ybbsitz and is called Panta Rhei.|
|Built in 1984 and located in Mainz, this hourglass was donated by Schott Glaswerke.|
|Unveiled in 2008 and located at the Red Square in Moscow.|
|Called Timewheel, this hourglass is located in Hungary near Hősök tere and was first revealed in 2004 in commemoration of Hungary's accession to the EU.|
|Built in 1991 and located in the Nima Sand Museum, this hourglass is 5.2 metres high and contains around 1 ton of sand.|
|Built in 1999 and located on Jeongdongjin Beach it takes one year for the sand to fall to the bottom.|
|A two metre high hourglass, filled with artificial blood, was installed at Downing Street in London as part of a protest demanding British intervention in the Darfur conflict.|
|In 2009, a number of large hourglasses were installed in several major cities in Brazil to mark the enaction of an anti-smoking law.|
|Filled with ground ivory, this hourglass was on display from mid 2005 to mid 2006.|
- Eisenstraße - "Panta Rhei" (JPEG) (Information plaque) (in German). Ybbsitz. 2000.
- "Brunnen, Denkmäler und Plastiken in Mainz". Archived from the original on 2013-11-09. Retrieved 2013-03-01. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Knaack, Ulrich; Klein, Tillmann (2010). The Future Envelope 3: Facades - The Making of. Amsterdam: IOS Press. pp. 7–12. ISBN 978-1-60750-671-3.
- Phillips, Adrian; Scotchmer, Jo (May 2010). Hungary (2 ed.). Bradt Travel Guides Ltd. p. 152. ISBN 978 1 84162 285 9.
- Budapest Sights: A Travel Guide to the Top 30 Attractions in Budapest, Hungary. MobileReference.
- Muite, B. K.; M. L. Hunt; G. G. Joseph (September 2004). "The effects of a counter-current interstitial flow on a discharging hourglass" (PDF). Phys. Fluids. American Institute of Physics. 16 (9): 3415–3425. doi:10.1063/1.1781158.
- Hae-Jin Lee, Cecilia (2012). Gangwon-do, South Korea: Frommer's ShortCuts. Frommer's ShortCuts. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ISBN 9781118470107.
- "Day of action for Darfur". Express.co.uk. Daily Express. 2007-04-29. Retrieved 2013-03-06. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Worldwide rallies call for end to Darfur crisis". CBC News World. CBC. 2007-04-29. Retrieved 2013-03-06. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Rix, Antonio Carlos (2009-08-13). "Big Blow to Brazil's Cigarette Industry". OhmyNews. Retrieved 2013-03-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Bialous, Stella Aguinaga; Stella Martins (2009). "Brazil: São Paulo takes the lead". Tob. Control. 18 (5): 341–344. doi:10.1136/tc.2009.033167. PMC 2762497. PMID 19779061.
- "Time is running out for elephants - Hourglass display 22 June 2005 to 25 May 2006". Merseyside Maritime Museum - Exhibitions. National Museums Liverpool. Retrieved 2013-03-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Spicer, Graham (2006-07-19). "At-Bristol Science Centre Supports IFAW Ivory Amnesty". Places to Go - South West - Bristol. Culture24. Retrieved 2013-03-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)