List of beers and breweries in Nigeria
Beers and breweries in NigeriaEdit
- Bature Brewery is Nigeria's first Craft Brewery and first crowd funded brewery in West Africa. Opened in 2017 in Abuja, it focuses on high quality ales and stouts. It has an installed capacity of 25,000 litres annually. Their microbrewery and gastropub in Victoria Island, Lagos is set to open in December 2020 with an annual brewing capacity of more than 500,000 litres. The facility is the first solar-powered brewery in Africa.
- Guinness Nigeria – a subsidiary of Diageo Plc of the United Kingdom, Guinness Nigeria was incorporated in 1962 with the building of a brewery in Ikeja, the heart of Lagos.
- Intafact Beverages Limited – SABMiller made an initial investment of over US$100m in the Onitsha brewery that was commissioned on 30 August 2012. The brewery produces Hero Lager, Castle Milk Stout, Grand Malt (non-alcoholic) and Beta Malt (non-alcoholic).
- International Breweries plc – International Breweries plc started production in December 1978 with an installed capacity of 200,000 hectolitres per annum, this increased to 500,000 hl/a in December 1982. Products include Trophy lager, Betamalt (a non-alcoholic malt beverage) and Trophy Black.
- Mopa Breweries, Ltd. – founded in 1980, the company produces One Lager, lager, Lion Stout, and non-alcoholic malt beverages.
- Nigerian Breweries – the pioneer and largest brewing company in Nigeria, its first bottle of beer, STAR Lager, rolled off the bottling lines of its Lagos brewery in June 1949. The company produces several brands of beers and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Pabod Breweries - owned by SABMiller has a capacity of 250 000 hl/a originally commissioned in 1982
- Wilfort Dark Ale – A strong Brown Ale brewed and bottled by Sona Breweries PLC, of Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Champions breweries Ltd, Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.
Best Trade Nigeria Ltd 17 Ogedengbe Street, Off Oduduwa Road, Apapa, Lagos Nigeria+234 1 764 2923More info Write a Review Best Trade Nigeria Ltd is an importer and distributor of a wide range of top rated wines and food items from Italy and South African.
2Bobo Food and Beverages Limited 87A Iju Road, Ifako, Agege, Lagos Nigeria0709 871 766501 761 8518More info Write a Review Bobo Food and Beverages Limited is fully committed to providing their customers with high quality milk drinks as well as excellent service at all times.
3Bubbletii Nigeria Aarons Mall, 12B Olubunmi Owa Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos Nigeria+234 908 711 2621, +234 909-384-0201More info Write a Review Bubbletii Nigeria offers nutritious and nourishing healthy drinks including flavoured tea, bubble tea, slush and other specialty blend.
4Euro Global Foods Plot 9-14, OSHC Industrial Estate, Idi-Iroko Road, Sango Ota, Ogun State Nigeria0709 873 1094, 0802 783 5517, 0812 912 5306More info Write a Review Euro Global Foods and Distilleries Limited is into the production, packaging and marketing of various product ranges such as distilled liquor, wines, soft drinks.
5Giant Beverages Ltd 1 Giant Beverages Road, Igberigbe Road, Igbodu Ikorodu, Lagos Nigeria+234 817 201 2406, +234 817 201 2407More info Write a Review Giant Beverages Limited specialises in the manufacturing, distribution and supplies of natural healthy non-alcoholic functional beverages with brands such as Juice2go, Vitamin Water and Valmont Water.
6Good Time Beverages 11, Olufemi Ojeahere Street, Nice Estate off Ilogbo Road, Behind Coca-Cola, Ota, Ogun State Nigeria+234 802 300 3380, +234 802 309 6175, +234 806 824 4594More info Write a Review Good Time Beverages also known as Abraham and Sarah Beverages Nigeria Ltd produces healthy and nutritious orange, pineapple, black currant fruit drinks and water.
7Luxeria Products Limited 16 Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria0809 849 4052, 0805 721 3071More info Write a Review Luxeria Products Limited is an alcoholic beverage company located in Lagos with products in champagne, cognac, gin, liqueur, rum, tequila, whisky and wine.
- "Where we operate". Archived from the original on 21 June 2014. Retrieved 22 April 2015.
- SABMiller's $110m expansion in Nigeria | News24 Nigeria
- AfricanSelect | International Breweries plc - INTBREW: IPO Details
- "Pabod Breweries Ltd". Retrieved 22 April 2015.