List of ambassadors of the United Kingdom to the Czech Republic
The Ambassador of the United Kingdom to the Czech Republic is the United Kingdom's foremost diplomatic representative in the Czech Republic, and head of the UK's diplomatic mission there. The official title is Her Britannic Majesty's Ambassador to the Czech Republic.
|Ambassador of the United Kingdom to the Czech Republic
Britský velvyslanec v Česká republice
Coat of Arms of the United Kingdom
|Inaugural holder||Sir George Clerk|
|Website||British Embassy Prague|
Heads of MissionEdit
Ambassadors to CzechoslovakiaEdit
|Name||Tenure Begin||Tenure End||British monarch||Czechoslovak president|
|Sir George Clerk||1919||1926||George V||Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk|
|Sir James Macleay||1926||1930|
|Sir Joseph Addison||1930||1936|
|Sir Charles Bentinck||1936||1937||George VI||Edvard Beneš|
|Sir Basil Newton||1937||1939|
|Sir Robert Bruce Lockhart||21 July 1940||1941|
|Frank Roberts (Chargé d'affaires)||18 July 1941||1941|
|Sir Philip Nichols||27 October 1941||1947|
|Sir Pierson Dixon||1948||1950||Klement Gottwald|
|Sir Philip Broadmead||1950||1953|
|Sir Derwent Kermode||1953||1955||Elizabeth II||Antonín Zápotocký|
|Sir Clinton Pelham||5 May 1955||1957|
|Sir Paul Grey||28 June 1957||1960||Antonín Novotný|
|Sir Cecil Parrott||1960||1966|
|Sir William Barker||1966||1968|
|Sir Howard Smith||1968||1971||Ludvík Svoboda|
|Edward Willan||1974||1977||Ludvík Svoboda→|
|Peter Male||1977||1980||Gustáv Husák|
|Sir Stephen Barrett||1985||1988|
|Laurence O'Keeffe||1988||1991||Gustáv Husák→|
|David Brighty||1991||1993||Václav Havel|
Ambassadors to the Czech RepublicEdit
|Name||Tenure Begin||Tenure End||British monarch||Czech president|
|David Brighty[a]||1993||1994||Elizabeth II||Václav Havel|
|Sir Michael Burton||1994||1997|
|Linda Duffield||2004||2009||Václav Klaus|
|Jan Thompson||2013||2018||Miloš Zeman|
a. ^ David Brighty continued as both ambassador to the Czech Republic, and as non-resident ambassador to Slovakia after the 1993 Dissolution of Czechoslovakia, until 1994, when he left the post and was replaced by Sir Michael Burton as ambassador to the Czech Republic and by Michael Bates as ambassador to Slovakia.
- British Foreign Office Political Correspondence page xxvii
- "NICHOLS, Sir Philip Bouverie Bowyer". Who Was Who. A & C Black. Retrieved 12 October 2008.
- "RICH, John Rowland". Who Was Who. A & C Black. Retrieved 18 October 2008.; "No. 48325". The London Gazette. 1 October 1980. p. 13693.
- "BURTON, Sir Michael (St Edmund)". Who's Who 2009. A & C Black. 2008. Retrieved 24 July 2009.
- Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Czech Republic, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, 25 April 2013
- "Change of Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Czech Republic". Foreign & Commonwealth Office. 30 September 2017.