List of Europop artists
The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This list needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Europop refers to a style of pop music that originated in Europe and is generally more dance and trance oriented than American pop. Europop includes Italo disco and later Eurodance. The Europop genre originated in the late 1970s and topped the charts throughout the 1980s and 1990s.
List of Europop artistsEdit
- "Pop/Rock » Europop » Euro-Pop". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- Frith, Simon; Straw, Will; Street, John (2001). The Cambridge Companion to Pop and Rock. Cambridge Companions to Music. Cambridge University Press. p. 198. ISBN 0-521-55660-0.
The Swedish quartet, Abba, are the most successful ever Europop group.
- Ray, Michael, ed. (2013). Disco, Punk, New Wave, Heavy Metal, and More: Music in the 1970s and 1980s. Britannica Educational Publishing. p. 175. ISBN 978-1-6153-0912-2.
The Swedish Europop quartet ABBA was among the most commercially successful groups in the history of popular music.
- Bitar, Marcelo Fernandez (21 November 1998). "Argentine Biz Worries That '98 Gains Will Deflate in '99". Billboard. 110 (47): 85. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Mónica Naranjo – Artist Biography". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- Bush, John. "Nek – Artist Biography". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- Ferro, Charles (27 June 1998). "Newsline..." Billboard. 110 (26): 62. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Wilson, MacKenzie. "ATC – Artist Biography". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 23 March 2014.