List of Catholic dioceses in the Czech Republic
The Catholic Church in the Czech Republic, joint in the national Czech Episcopal Conference, comprises :
- a Latin hierarchy, consisting of two ecclesiastical provinces, each headed by a Metropolitan Archbishopric, with a total of six suffragan dioceses
- an Eastern Catholic (Byzantine Catholic) Apostolic Exarchate, covering the whole Czech Republic.
There are no other exempt Latin jurisdictions.
There is an Apostolic Nunciature to the Czech Republic as papal diplomatic representation (embassy-level).
Current Latin diocesesEdit
Ecclesiastical Province of Bohemia (Prague)Edit
- Metropolitan Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Prague (Praha)
Ecclesiastical Province of Moravia and Czech Silesia (Olomouc)Edit
Current Eastern Catholic jurisdictionEdit
- exempt, i.e. directly dependent on the Holy See
Ruthenian Catholic ChurchEdit
- All Latin
- Apostolic Administration of Český Těšín (merged into Metropolitan Archdiocese of Olomouc)