Lisa Taddeo is an American writer and journalist. She won a 2017 Pushcart Prize for her short story 42, published in the New England Review. Suburban Weekend, published in Granta won a 2019 Pushcart Prize.
|Education||Boston University MFA|
|Alma mater||Rutgers University BA|
|Notable awards||Pushcart Prize 2017, 2019|
Taddeo's work has appeared in The Best American Political Writing and The Best American Sports Writing anthologies. Taddeo was an associate editor at Golf Magazine when David Granger assigned her first piece for Esquire, The Last Days of Heath Ledger, after reading her unpublished novel. In 2015 The Washington Post named her New York Magazine piece, Rachel Uchitel is Not A Madam, one of their top five long reads that stand the test of time. In 2013 she appeared in Esquire Network's 80th Anniversary special. She was awarded the William Holodnok Fiction Prize and the Florence Engel Randall Award in fiction.
Early life and educationEdit
- Taddeo, Lisa (April 2, 2015). "Forty-Two". New England Review. Retrieved December 16, 2017.
- "NER Selections Included in Pushcart Prize XLI". New England Review. 2016-11-18. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- "Lisa Taddeo wins Pushcart Prize | BU Creative Writing". blogs.bu.edu. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- "Granta on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-07-12.
- BEST AMERICAN POLITICAL WRITING 2009 by Royce Flippin | Kirkus Reviews.
- "David's review of The Best American Sports Writing 2009". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- Taddeo, Lisa (October 11, 2017). "Heath Ledger Death - Final Days and Death of Heath Ledger". Esquire. Retrieved December 16, 2017.
- Arango, Tim (2008-03-06). "Esquire Publishes a Diary That Isn't". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- Taddeo, Lisa (April 12, 2010). "Rachel Uchitel Is Not a Madam". NYMag.com. Retrieved December 16, 2017.
- https://www.facebook.com/alyssa.rosenberg?fref=nf&pnref=story. "Opinion | Five long reads that stand the test of time". Washington Post. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- Bailey, Fenton; Barbato, Randy (2013-09-23), Esquire 80th Anniversary Special, Julie Marcus, Lisa Taddeo, retrieved 2017-11-05
- "2017 Award Winners | Women's Guild". www.bu.edu. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- "Simon & Schuster | Jofie Ferrari-Adler". simonandschusterpublishing.com. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- "Lisa Taddeo". Granta Magazine. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- Taddeo, Lisa (2016-09-30). "My Mother Was a Bright Green Suede Fendi Bag". ELLE. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- Taddeo, Lisa. "Rushing Is Unsafe at Any Speed". The Vineyard Gazette - Martha's Vineyard News. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- "Births". Martha's Vineyard Times. March 11, 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|