Lisa De Leeuw
Lisa De Leeuw (born July 3, 1958) is the stage name (pronounced LEE-sah dih LAY-oh)[pronunciation?] of an American former pornographic actress, of the so-called Golden Age of Porn. She has been widely reported to be deceased, but due to the underground nature of the adult industry in the era in which she was active, her true identity and current status are not verifiable. She was born in Moline, Illinois.
|Lisa De Leeuw|
July 3, 1958 (age 60)|
Moline, Illinois, U.S.
|Other names||Lisa DeLeeue, Lisa DeLeeuw, Lisa Deleuw, Lisa Leeua, Lisa de Ugga, Lisa Woods, Lil' Redhead|
Some time after she left the adult industry, a book cast doubt on widespread rumors surrounding the fate of De Leeuw. In the book Skinflicks: The Inside Story of the X-Rated Video Industry, writer and porn producer David Jennings, describing the stigma and rumors surrounding AIDS in the porn community in the late 1980s and early 1990s, wrote: "Reputed to be dead of AIDS, Lisa DeLeeuw and Brandy Alexandre, now out of the industry, proclaimed themselves alive and healthy." However, another publication known as Headpress 25 claimed in 2003 that De Leeuw died of complications from AIDS on November 11, 1993.
- "XRCO Hall of Fame". Retrieved 2015-08-15.
- "AVN Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on 2009-04-15.
- David Jennings (2000). Skinflicks: The Inside Story of the X-Rated Video Industry. ISBN 1-58721-184-X.
- David Kerekes (2003). Headpress 25: William Burroughs & the Flicker Machine. Headpress. ISBN 1-900486-26-1. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
Lisa De Leeuw left the porn industry and unfortunately died of AIDS related complications on November 11, 1993, aged thirty-four
- Peter van Aarle (1997-06-07). "Historical "Best Porn Movie" Winners". rame.net. Retrieved 2007-09-22.
- "AVN Awards Past Winners". Archived from the original on October 20, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-15.