Lisa De Leeuw
Lisa De Leeuw
|Born||July 3, 1958 (age 61)|
Moline, Illinois, U.S.
|Other names||Lisa DeLeeue, Lisa DeLeeuw, Lisa Deleuw, Lisa Leeua, Lisa de Ugga, Lisa Woods, Lil' Redhead|
She appeared in over 200 films and was inducted into both the X-Rated Critics' Organization Hall of Fame and the AVN Hall of Fame. She also appeared in magazine spreads for pornagraphic magazines such as Genesis, Hustler, and Swank in the early 80s.
She has been widely reported to be dead, but due to the underground nature of the adult industry in the era in which she was active, her true identity and current status are not verifiable. In the 2000 book Skinflicks: The Inside Story of the X-Rated Video Industry, writer and porn producer David Jennings describes the stigma and rumors surrounding AIDS in the porn community in the late 1980s and early 1990s. He wrote: "Reputed to be dead of AIDS, Lisa DeLeeuw and Brandy Alexandre, now out of the industry, proclaimed themselves alive and healthy." However, in 2003, another publication, Headpress 25, claimed that De Leeuw died of complications from AIDS on November 11, 1993.
- "XRCO Hall of Fame". Retrieved August 15, 2015.
- "AVN Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on April 15, 2009.
- David Jennings (2000). Skinflicks: The Inside Story of the X-Rated Video Industry. ISBN 1-58721-184-X.
- David Kerekes (2003). Headpress 25: William Burroughs & the Flicker Machine. Headpress. ISBN 1-900486-26-1. Retrieved August 31, 2009.
Lisa De Leeuw left the porn industry and unfortunately died of AIDS related complications on November 11, 1993, aged thirty-four
- Peter van Aarle (June 7, 1997). "Historical "Best Porn Movie" Winners". rame.net. Retrieved September 22, 2007.
- "AVN Awards Past Winners". Archived from the original on October 20, 2007. Retrieved September 15, 2007.