|Founder||Michael C. Linn|
|102 thousand barrels of oil equivalent (620,000 GJ) per day (2017)|
|Revenue||$0.826 billion (2017)|
|$0.435 billion (2017)|
|Total assets||$2.881 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||$2.351 billion (2017)|
|Footnotes / references|
In 2007, the company doubled its holdings by acquiring many of the oil and gas assets of Hogshead Spouter and Dominion Energy, mainly in Oklahoma, for $2.05 billion.
In March 2012, the company acquired the holdings of BP in the Hugoton Natural Gas Area, the large gas-producing region from southwestern Kansas into the Texas Panhandle for $1.2 billion. The purchase included 2,400 active wells on 600,000 acres and a gas processing plant.
In August 2014, the company acquired assets in the Hugoton Natural Gas Area from Pioneer Natural Resources for $340 million. The company also sold its interests in non-producing acreage in the Anadarko Basin for $90 million.
In September 2017, the company formed Roan Resources, a joint venture with Citizen Energy.
In 2018, the company split into Roan Resources and Riviera Resources.
- "Linn Energy, Inc. 2017 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "LINN Energy Founder Michael C. Linn Retiring and Named Director and Founder; LINN Energy President and CEO Mark E. Ellis Named Chairman of the Board" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. December 1, 2011.
- Gelsi, Steve (January 13, 2006). "Linn Energy ignites 2006 market". Marketwatch.
- "Linn Energy to Acquire Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Properties from Dominion Resources, Inc. for $2.05 Billion" (Press release). PR Newswire. July 2, 2007.
- "LINN Energy Announces $1.2 Billion Acquisition of BP's Hugoton Basin Properties" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. February 27, 2012.
- De La Merced, Michael J. (June 25, 2012). "Linn Energy to Buy BP Property in Wyoming for $1 Billion". The New York Times.
- "LINN Energy and LinnCo to Acquire Berry Petroleum Company for $4.3 Billion" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. February 21, 2013.
- "LINN Energy Announces $525 Million Acquisition of Permian Basin Properties" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. September 12, 2013.
- "LINN Energy Announces $2.3 Billion Acquisition of Assets from Devon Energy" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. June 30, 2014.
- "LINN Energy Announces $340 Million Acquisition From Pioneer Natural Resources" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. August 4, 2014.
- Kakouris, Rachelle (March 15, 2016). "Distressed Debt: Linn Energy Skips Interest Payment, Warns of Chapter 11". Forbes.
- "Linn Energy Chapter 11 Voluntary Petition" (PDF). PacerMonitor. May 11, 2016.
- "LINN Energy Successfully Completes Financial Restructuring" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. February 28, 2017.
- "LINN Energy Announces Sale of Salt Creek for $71.5 Million and Extinguishes All Debt Pro-forma of Announced Transactions" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. May 30, 2017.
- "LINN Energy Closes on the Jonah Sale, Announces Amendment to Credit Agreement and Authorization of Initial Share Repurchase Program" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. June 1, 2017.
- "Roan Resources is Formed and Its Board of Directors Announced by LINN Energy and Citizen Energy" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. September 5, 2017.
- "LINN Energy Announces Sale of Washakie Properties for $200 Million and Increases Share Repurchase Authorization to $400 Million" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. October 4, 2017.
- "LINN Energy and Roan Holdings Announce Definitive Agreement to Combine 100% of Their Interests in Roan LLC Into a New Publicly Traded Pure Play Company, Roan Resources, Inc" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. September 18, 2018.