Lineage 2 Revolution
Lineage 2: Revolution is a mobile MMORPG game licensed by NCSoft and developed by Netmarble, take places 100 years before the events of NCSoft's Lineage II: Goddess of Destruction storyline. It is part of the Lineage series.
|Lineage 2: Revolution|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
Like many MMORPGs, the player starts by creating a character and choosing its race. Available races are: Human, Elf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Orc and in the latest update, the Kamael. Each race specializes later in different classes, such as warrior, mage, and archer. The player progresses through the game by taking quests and killing mobs. The vast majority of the game, though, is afk grinding.
The game is set in the same world of Lineage II, originally released in 2003, and features instanced dungeons, PVP, clan wars, raids and a series of quests to advance the story line. However, the gameplay has been specifically adapted to better fit mobile devices by Netmarble; for example, quests are automated, with the character executing them automatically and even killing enemies alone after selecting a quest.
The game was developed by South Korea's Netmarble. After a period of closed and open beta, the game was first released in South Korea, China, and Japan by early 2017, and in western countries on November 15, 2017.
The game has been well received in some markets. By December 31, 2017, the game had crossed the $100 million mark within 18 days. By January 14, 2017, the game had grossed ₩206.5 million ($176.6 million) within its first month in South Korea. Overseas, it became the top-grossing app on Apple's App Store in Japan just 18 hours after its debut, and surpassed 1 million pre-registrations for the US and Europe launch, generating 45% of Netmarble's revenues as of September 2017[update]. The game went on to gross $980 million worldwide in 2017, becoming the year's seventh highest-grossing mobile game. As of December 2018[update], the game has more than 30 million players, and has grossed over $1.5 billion worldwide.
- ""Creating an MMORPG that anyone can play": The making of Lineage 2 Revolution". Pocket Gamer. April 19, 2017.
- "Lineage II: Revolution global version is now available on stores - GamerBraves". GamerBraves. 2017-06-14. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "Lineage 2 Revolution to be released worldwide after huge launch in South Korea". androidauthority.com. 2017-03-03. Retrieved 2018-09-19.
- "Lineage 2: Revolution — The Power of Korean IP! – Ampersand Media Lab". Ampersand Media Lab. 2016-12-21. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "Popular MMO Lineage 2: Revolution launches in the US". Android Authority. 2017-11-16. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- Fahey, Mike. "Lineage 2: Revolution Pretty Much Plays Itself". Kotaku. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- Herald, The Korea. "Netmarble to launch 'Lineage II: Revolution' mobile game in October". Retrieved November 15, 2017.
- "Lineage 2: Revolution for iPhone/iPad Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved June 6, 2018.
- Hodapp, Eli (November 20, 2017). "'Lineage II: Revolution' Review – A Fascinating Exploration of What Actually Constitutes Gameplay in an MMORPG". TouchArcade. Retrieved June 6, 2018.
- "Netmarble's Lineage 2: Revolution surpasses $176 million in revenues in its first month". Pocket Gamer. January 19, 2017.
- "Lineage 2: Revolution surpasses one million pre-registrations for US and Europe launch". pocketgamer.biz. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- Herald, The Korea (2017-08-24). "Netmarble's 'Lineage II: Revolution' becomes top-grossing app in Japan". Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "Lineage 2 Revolution generated 45% of Netmarble's revenues in Q3 FY17". pocketgamer.biz. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- "2017 YEAR IN REVIEW: DIGITAL GAMES AND INTERACTIVE MEDIA" (PDF). SuperData Research. January 25, 2018.
- "How Lineage 2: Revolution topped 30 million global players". VentureBeat. 9 December 2018. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Lineage 2: Revolution Has Amassed $1.5 Billion from Players Worldwide". Sensor Tower. 23 January 2019. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
|This article about a video game released for mobile devices is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|